hf1

I'm being over anxious, and i can't help it

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: I'm being over anxious, and i can't help it

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm

i suppose it is much the same as people looking at your bump saying oh your big/small/high/low etc. just something to say :roll:

I was always a bit confused by the 'is he good' I was a bit like well yeah I guess so. :-? In what way. He eats, sleeps, poos. What else should he be doing? Hoovering, getting a job, making the tea? funny question really!

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm

:hug: :hug:
It can be soooooo hard!

I always get the opposite type of comments... "he is so small for his age..." :x :x :x :x :x My babies are gorgeous, perfect little boys, and developing at their own rythm! Stuff whatever else other people think. They run, laugh, sleep, play, poo and wee and run me ragged as it is! :mrgreen:

If your baby is happy and healthy, that is what matters. It seems to me that she is quite contemplative, and whenever she starts getting off her bum, she will be running! :wink: and skip whatever other steps others have gone through, because she is observing everything. Some babies do, some babies don't...

Oh, and even though I have said all that, I do still wonder if I am feeding them enough, if I am doing what I should, etc... So, even being anxious is quite normal :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:36 pm

:hug: :hug: Just ignore them
We get the opposite, Gracie is 21lbs ish at 17 months and people always say isn't she tiny, no she isn't really, yes she isn't the heaviest baby in the world but she is very long and skinny and because she has a wee head and dainty features she looks small but she isn't, she has been the happiest most contented baby I have ever known so na na to them!! :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:40 am

See my previous post on competitive mums for a fine example of anxiety gone mad... :) I think I shall PM you because we should definitely have a playdate sometime and be anxious together and not say stupid things about each other's babies.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler