hf1

When did your LOs learn...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: When did your LOs learn...

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:30 pm

charliesam wrote:henry on the other hand could hold a whole adult conversation and tell you the whole life cycle of a sting ray

Lol, I'm srprised Dawn can't do that yet. She can name a whole ocean full of animals though

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Ds can count to three when he really concentrates and he has 'mine' sorted lol. He has got 'yours' in a sense but it is more 'mummy's, daddy's' and so on. He can name blue,red,pink,green,yellow when he concentrates properly or wants to and knows cow,sheep,dog,goat,pig,cat,duck,bird and more by name (and outline in his puzzles).

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:05 pm

She's just stopped doing a snort for "what does a pig do?" and now says Oink Oink. But she pulls a cute face when she does it :giggle: She used to pant when you asked her what a dog does. Now she says bow wow

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:31 am

well my son has only just learned to do those things stacey, and hes nearly 3 :shock:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 am

She sounds far more advanced than Rhys. He is right on par with what 'they' say he should be, but has a cousin the same age and she is sooooooooo much more advanced :shock: . Sounds pretty similar to Dawn, she can hold full conversations and has done since about 18 months.

It's very hard not to compare her to Rhys and feel that he's slower than he should be, even though I know he's not, he's where he should be, and she's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:28 am

Evie hadnt turned 2 and she could count to 12 - I remember that because we were at Chapel and it was quiet and she insisted on saying it loudly all through the service :oops: She knew her colours and had a good vocab at that age too but I put it down to me being at home and talking to her all day - poor child, she doesnt get peace from me gassing away at her :giggle:

Some childrens vocabs are better than others at that age, but as has been said, they all catch up - I remember a friend of mine, her daughters are the exact same age as my boys bar a couple of days each, and she was very pushy and told us how advanced they were because they were doing things my boys werent doing like fastening their coats etc., Now they are all in the same class, and my boys are top of their classes while her girls are pretty average - and yes, it does make me feel smug :giggle: :oops:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 am

eviesmummy wrote: and yes, it does make me feel smug :giggle: :oops:

it's hard not to be :giggle:

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I've always worked with children and have seen every level of abilities, from 2 and a half year olds who only say a couple of words, to kids who don't walk till they're over 2, to ones who are potty trained at 15 months and even one who could read before he was 3 (seriously). I personally think we should burn the books that tell us what children 'should' be doing at different ages. They do things at their own pace, in their own time and it does even out; so a child appearing to be 'ahead' or 'behind' their peers in the early years has very little influence on their academic abilities as adults. I have a cousin who is in his 30s now and extremely successful but he didn't walk or talk till he was over 2. My aunt says she was worried sick about it at the time. I also worked with a little girl once who had the most advanced vocabulary I had ever heard, full sentences and conversations by 18 months and she left school recently without passing a single exam. I try not to worry about what my child can and can't do compared to other people's children, . . . it's a waste of time during a period of her life in which time is very precious.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler