hf1

2 yr old check? Do they happen? ETA Yes its booked!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: 2 yr old check? Do they happen?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:02 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:
AnnetteandBen wrote:we normally collect one of each age once or twice a year (they dish them out at loads of different places :oops: )

Wish I knew where to get them from like that :giggle: :wink:
Hope they get back to you. They seem to be quite understaffed :roll:

If you go to your local library they probably have a few hidden under the counter, most children's centres have them by the cupboard load, or sometimes they take names to order them, but normally they just hand them out to the childminders to get rid of them. Sometimes the books are better than others, so on occasions we have passed as 3 copies of the same book is too many :giggle: I never got the touch and feel Spot story :(

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Not too many for us lol. Dawn loves books and they gets dropped in puddles and chewed a little and left at Nana's and all sorts lol.
Might try the local library. I went to school with one of the girls so I can mabye wrangle one off her lol!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Interestingly enough, after I went to the children's centre to ask about if the HV still attends, I could have dropped into see them on the 16th. I got a call on my mobile and Ben's 2 yr old check is booked for December, which is the first time they could fit him in. So yes they do happen, you just have to badger them for it, the same as the 9month one :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:32 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Interestingly enough, after I went to the children's centre to ask about if the HV still attends, I could have dropped into see them on the 16th. I got a call on my mobile and Ben's 2 yr old check is booked for December, which is the first time they could fit him in. So yes they do happen, you just have to badger them for it, the same as the 9month one :wink:

Glad you've got one booked. I think I'll ask about one too as there's a couple of things worrying me about Katie. :-?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Louise wrote:
AnnetteandBen wrote:Interestingly enough, after I went to the children's centre to ask about if the HV still attends, I could have dropped into see them on the 16th. I got a call on my mobile and Ben's 2 yr old check is booked for December, which is the first time they could fit him in. So yes they do happen, you just have to badger them for it, the same as the 9month one :wink:

Glad you've got one booked. I think I'll ask about one too as there's a couple of things worrying me about Katie. :-?

I think it is just helpful to have a second opinion and be signposted to wherever, or at least have the book filled in to make it look like you are doing your best and care about your child. :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: 2 yr old check? Do they happen? ETA Yes its booked!

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm bit worried about Dawn's balance. She always seems to teeter a bit. And she's been walking for AGES now so it's not like she's still learning :-?
Will have to get in touch with mine I think

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:05 am

Glad you got an appointment Annette. I will see where we are with Ben's talking when he is 2 and hopefully he will be chatting away but if not I think we will get it checked too

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 am

Glad you got your appointment sorted.

We have them here although they are group settings and only on Mondays apparently :roll: I asked them for a different day numerous times but just kept getting letters saying we hadn't turned up when I'd already contacted them :evil: Gave up in the end.

On the speech thing, just a reassurance really. Zach was slow with his speech, hardly said anything really at 2. We were watching some short videos the other night and I can't believe how much his speech has developed this year, more so since his birthday in April too. We have been to see the speech therapist about some pronunciation and she said his vocabulary was actually very advanced so just shows you that some little ones take longer then others. (I mentioned it to HV at her visit after Imogens birth and she happily referred us to the therapist to have it checked out)

We have some work to do with 'S' and 'Sh' sounds but am hoping that nursery will help with this. He's already talking more confidently to people outside the family :D I don't think these pronunciation issues are due to his delay in developing language, he just says them in a strange way and we need to help him correct the way he says them IYSWIM.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler