hf1

2 yr old check? Do they happen? ETA Yes its booked!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: 2 yr old check? Do they happen?

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:24 pm

Abbie had one too, but again that was a year ago. Abbie's speech has never been great, but she's starting to get to grips with it now... they didn't seem overly concerned at the time of her 2 yr check up.

My HV's have always been a waste of time... I saw them a few times with Abbie and have seen them twice since I had Isaac :roll:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:I thought they were meant to have a 2 yr check too.... Let me know what you find out, as I dont even know who my HV is or how to contact them. They've been once since I moved into my new house almost a year and half ago! :roll:
When is Bens bday, by the way?

Doh, just worked it out from your ticker lol! 3 weeks older than Dawnie

Stacey, I can give you our area's HV number if you like? they are based up Hilltop heights now.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Oo, please! Someone suggested talkint to them about help with nursery fees etc

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:00 am

Our HV's do they at 2.5yrs and Megan had hers at exactly 2.5yrs :) we got our next set of bookstart stuff then so was worth going!! :mrgreen:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:08 am

When I had Evie last year and the HV came to the house I asked about a 2yr check because he was almost 3. She said they were supposed to (in our area????) but they were short staffed so were running behind. She asked me if she could do Oli's wehn she came back to see Evie at 8wks. She had a sheet of A4 with various checks/questions i.e eating/ sleeping/ behaviour etc. I had concerns about his speech which was one of the reasons I'd asked for the check in the first place. She sadi she would refer him to ST but that they take about 9 months once on the waiting list. It did take nine months and he got seen about a month ago, by which time I was no longer worried about his speech but went anyway. The ST said he was fine and he was displaying normal speech development, but at least I had peace of mind.
Sorry to have rambled, but yes in our area they were suppoed to but just took a long time to get round to it :roll: But I'm sure you could seek them out if you had any concerns :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 am

We don't have one in the area, although we are contacted with a questionnaire which like has been said asks if you have any concerns about anything.

Charlotte turned 2 just before Ben was born so when I first took him to the clinic, they weighed and measured Charlotte too and gave her the Bookstart pack they are due then too.

But I never had any concerns for her and in fact she did PT 2 weeks after her second birthday :cry:

However, I do feel like I may have more concerns over Ben. Like you Annette, he is alot slower in speech development - do you think it is something in the name :giggle:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Yes I think there is something in the name :giggle:

I'm going to try and phone in a second, but the bookstart packs don't bother me, we normally collect one of each age once or twice a year (they dish them out at loads of different places :oops: ), I also know who the local speech and language therapist is and I know where to access the speech things and ELCAT is also a local thing (Every Lambeth Child A Talker). I think I am probably the most anxious first time mum :giggle:

Oh and it is the 24th October.

It seems he does everything - sit on the toilet either nappy on or off, kick a ball, jump sort of without removing feet but he knows what to do just not how. And we always see lots of uck uck's (truck trucks)

Right off to make the call

ETA left a msg on the answerphone, on the 2nd phone number I tried.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:56 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:we normally collect one of each age once or twice a year (they dish them out at loads of different places :oops: )

Wish I knew where to get them from like that :giggle: :wink:
Hope they get back to you. They seem to be quite understaffed :roll:

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:31 pm

We still have them. Zac had his at almost exactly 2 when Nicky was 3 days old. :roll: Great timing.

It was Lockie's 2 year check that made us aware of his speech delay and resulted in him getting his assessment with the Speech therapist so I'm glad we had it.

They have stopped doing the 3.5 year ones here though.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler