hf1

Weight gain again / formula recommendations

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Weight gain again / formula recommendations

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:44 am

Like pp's have said, I wouldn't switch to formula just because of the weight gain issue. There are no guarantees it would make any difference. He is obviously happy and healthy so I would stick with it if that is what you want

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Thank you for all the replies - I do know what is right for him and that he is happy, bf is working for us and formula is not the answer. I just sometimes need to hear other people say it sometimes! :oops: :roll:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:27 am

isobella was 8lbs born just under 75th centile she then dropped to 9th, she gained 1lb a month until we established weaning she weighed 16lbs at 7 months, just carry on bf your doing a great job!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:15 am

sim wrote:Thank you for all the replies - I do know what is right for him and that he is happy, bf is working for us and formula is not the answer. I just sometimes need to hear other people say it sometimes! :oops: :roll:

I know what you mean. I think you need to have the confidence to follow your instincts :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:30 pm

sim wrote:Thank you for all the replies - I do know what is right for him and that he is happy, bf is working for us and formula is not the answer. I just sometimes need to hear other people say it sometimes! :oops: :roll:

Glad you have realised this, I wanted to add that FF isn't necesarily the answer, Summer was FF from 1 week, and still dropped down the centiles rapidly, some LOs are just small like Summer, and it's not a problem until they get fed up of being rearward facing in the car but can't go forward facing :x :x :x

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler