hf1

Can you get...

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Can you get...

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Mashed avocado always used to make Tobes poop a few times a day, but he has never been constipated tbh.

Is she on a formula? I have heard that sma can really have this effect and Blake started to get a bit constipated on it. I was told by a few people to swap to cow & gate and he has been fine since we swapped to that, apparently it is the probiotic stuff in it.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Lexi, Kieran was on movicol for a couple of years, getting him to drink it was a tough one though, at one point he went 3 weeks with no poo and was in agony and nearly got admitted to hospital. Our GP has a keen interest in bowel dysfunction so we are very lucky, Kieran was only getting rid of overflow poo and not daily poo BUT finally about 5 months ago we cracked it and he is now med free, it took a long time and lots of tears but we got there.
He was and still is a good drinker and fruit eater.
Sorry to hijack the thread :oops:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:19 pm

We had to swap milks, too. The organic stuff really backed her up, but cow and gate has been 100 times better.
It's awful when they're struggling like that. I have heard some mums say they used a rectal thermometer with vaseline on it to get things moving, but I personally couldn't do that.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Evie is breastfed so its not formula bunging her up. wow kirsty, 3 weeks that must have been awful for him! God I hope Evie doesnt get that bad.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:02 pm

For anyone who uses movicol,you can mix it in just about anything.i know of a mum who mixes it with juice and makes ice lollies!you can get different flavours but i'm not sure any are particularly nice!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:38 pm

lazylexis wrote:For anyone who uses movicol,you can mix it in just about anything.i know of a mum who mixes it with juice and makes ice lollies!you can get different flavours but i'm not sure any are particularly nice!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

We tried everything under the sun, Kieran has a very profound sense of smell and taste so we couldn't fool him, the best we found was flavoured milk, he would drink that with less of a battle, saying that I wouldn't drink it, it is vile!!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler