My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Dr phobia !

Postby fleur08 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:32 pm

oh dear,
em's got a HUGE fear of the doctors.
she had her MMR 2 weeks ago, she went mentle when she saw the nurse &screamed the place down .
i took her to the hv yesterday to get weighed,which is at the doctors surgery, quite a bit building & at the opposite end of where she went last time.
anyway she tried to leg it down the corridor,i caught her took her in and started to undress her and she went flaming mentle! :shock:
screaming,crying,flailing about - all because she thought she was going to get jabbed again!!

i ended up on the big scales with her,then getting weighed on my own so she could work out the difference.

she was really,really terrified,took 15 mins to calm her down. :(
i just hope she doesnt need to see the doctor anytime soon..................

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Dr phobia !

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:44 pm

Perhaps you could de sensitise her to it - go there and just walk in and out for a week (tell the drs receptionists so they don't wonder what you're up to ;) )

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:44 pm

Oh no hope she gets over it soon. My Connor was terrified of docs till he was about 6, and he has NEVER had calpol or the like he just used to scream and spit it out, luckily he's a healthy boy. You have my sympathies :hug:

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:02 pm

de-sensitising sounds like a good idea,think i'll have to give that a go , even the hv was shocked at her reaction!

Return to Baby and Toddler