hf1

does anyone use rear facing carseat group 1 ?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: does anyone use rear facing carseat group 1 ?

Postby ems » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:25 pm

:( to car sickness

My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover
Une bonne tarte francaise

Postby Zingylemontart » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Sorry to butt in here, girls, but I noticed Shevi said something about a seat that was more than 5 years old....is this a problem? :-?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:13 pm

all carseats over 5 years old should be destroyed cut the harness and cover an dbin it so noone else is tempted to use it as the plastic can degrade and they should be replaced every 5 years

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi,
I know the recommendations are for all car seats to be rear facing (that are safest) but we couldn't find the same one that fitted in both our cars.

The one we chose though is supposed to be very good as instead of the child getting whip lash from the 5 point harness they role over the cushion and it's much safer

http://www.babys-mart.co.uk/itemdetl.ph ... omfort_Pro

Apparently it got a very good review from Which it's the Kiddy Comfort Pro.

Allison

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 am

We've got the BeSafe Izi Combi isofix seat for Rowan. We got it from Paul Stride and their customer service was excellent. I love this seat and it's sooo secure, it doesn't budge an inch. It's rear facing up to 18kg, so hopefully around 4. When we were looking for a rearfacing seat this one seemed to take up the least room, a bit of a priority as my DH is 6'4" so moving the front seats forwad wasn't really an option. hth

Cathleen xx

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:16 am

oh thats intresting as i thought that seat looked the biggest lol

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:46 am

We found that the front seat wasn't any further forward than when we had the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix infant carrier in the back. I'm sure there was a website that gave a rough guide of the seat sizes and how much room they take up for a range of reafacing seats but I can't for the life of me find it atm. I'll keep trying.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 am

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:21 pm

this is a very interesting (and important) thread - I thought there would be more risk with FF carseats, but didnt really think about how much more. Naivety and stupidty i guess :-? Thanks Emma for opening up my eyes - I should have thought about it really, considering i spent nearly 4 yrs of my life with a man who was C3-4 inc quad.
I will start looking at (and saving for!) a rear facing carseat for Charlotte, as shes is very rapidly growing out of hers!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler