hf1

baby lightshow type toy reccomendations please!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

baby lightshow type toy reccomendations please!

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:49 am

hi ladies. hope you are all good on this very autumnal morning.

was wondering if anyone could help me at all? i want to get ethan a baby lightshow type toy for in his room at night. (the kind that projects an image on the wall/ceiling)
anyway i dont want to just spend cash on something that might be rubbish so could any of you reccomend one to me thats realy good. some of them you just cant see on the ceiling as the projection is realy weak. i am looking for one that would be easy to see from his cotbed!

thanks so much in advance :idea:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: baby lightshow type toy reccomendations please!

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:08 am

Sorry Im not much help, as we have one we used from ds1 so 10 years ago by Playskool, but Ive just done a search for it and its not coming up so must be discontinued. Could you have a try of a few before buying?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:17 am

We have this and Bella still loves it. We have to play it through once every night before she goes to sleep. She knows that once she's heard that, it's sleepy-time and doesn't cause any fuss :)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:44 am

I have this one from when bailey was newborn http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 417744.htm
he still loves it now! And it moves so you can postion it anywhere, and has 3 discs with it to change the pattern and different music. i got mine for £12 on Netto :giggle:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:10 am

Not sure of any types/makes etc but it might be worth checking out Sainsbury's for one as all their toys are half price at the moment :)

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby alwaysagirly » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 am

I'm glad you've asked this, its given me an idea for that day in December that shall not be names :giggle:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 pm

http://www.boots.com/en/HoMedics-Lullab ... pa_641264/

this was great when Juliet was a little younger as the white noises were very helpful and the lights, while not the most complex lightshow out there, were enough to keep her attention. Good price, too-- I think I paid £25-ish.

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:03 pm

We had this one http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... d+Playsets

BUT it only lasted a few months with my boisterous lad as he would wake up in the morning and unhook it and throw it across the room to wake us up. :giggle:

We have the Tomy Starlight one now that is so far so good, seems robust enough and cheap enough to replace if it gets damaged. J will turn it on in the mornings to amuse himself. My neice and nephew also have the same one.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler