hf1

Recommend some bedtime story books

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Recommend some bedtime story books

Postby northernruth » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:34 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Thanks all, great recommendations there.

Ruth, we don't get bookstart here :(

Well then I would highly recommend One Ted fell out of Bed. Martha loves it and it counts up to ten and then back down again

Someone mentions it up above but we also love Owl Babies, it's great story about Mum leaving you on your own and how worrying it is, but how she always comes back :wink:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:54 am

ooooh oooooh i love this!
ok....when rienna was a tiny baby i found the book guess how much i love you. in fact it made me cry when i first saw it in a shop so i bought it her. shes now almost 12!

we used to read that book every night. it had special meaning to us and still does and she used t tell me she loved me all the way to the moon ...and back or to tesco and back depending if she was in a funny mood lol.

anyway both i and rienna have started reading this to ethan and he loves it too.

it must mean a lot to rienna though because she has said its her copy of the book and she wants to keep it so can we buy ethan his own copy! how funny.

its a lovely book!
ps giraffes cant dance is a realy nice book too!

My avatar
sarahlou
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sarahlou » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 pm

We love
Chocolate mousse for greedy goose
The gruffalo
Dear zoo
Where oh where is baby bear
Walking through the jungle

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Forgot to mention We're Going on a Bear Hunt - Martha will often start reciting this totally unprompted, she loves it

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Ben loves a book called Diggers at the moment, he also likes any books with flaps mainly the rod campbell ones like spot and dear zoo. I love Mick Inkpen, Eric Carle, Nick Butterworth and the Harry and the dinosaur books, some thomas ones aren't too bad either.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler