hf1

crying and screaming when she doesn't get her way.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: crying and screaming when she doesn't get her way.

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 am

:giggle: dawn started the terrible twos at about 8months. shes just too independant for her own good!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Shevi wrote:we do counting to 5..i should change to 3, i'm not really patient enough for 5 :giggle:

We have counts to ten for things like getting out of the bath which aren't really a cross thing just a time thing...

But for not doing what she's told it's a count to three...

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:59 am

Ella's still a bit young for it really to discipline strongly as she doesn't understand except for the usual conditioning tricks that I find helpful, so turning her negative behavior around into something positive through the way I interact with her and react. Distraction goes a long way into helping though too or making things fun if she doesn't want a nappy change, etc, I'll tickle her until she does or spin her round and round to make her laugh then get on with whatever we were trying to do. :giggle: I need to cope with it by turning things into positive reinforcement and association where I can, rather than end up with a battle over regular little things in our routine.

I'm dreading as she pushes boundaries though and I generally ignore a lot of bad behavior so it's not generating attention. She knows straight away if she's near something bad or dangerous by a stronger reaction though. She'll get to the point in the next 18 months where it's all much more conscious behavior when she acts out.

I tend to find if I moan at her for spilling juice or pulling clothes out of the wardrobe, or whatever, she moans back just as much and we could spend the day like that back and forth, which doesn't help either of us. If I make little of negative behavior and just carry on as normal it works better for both of us, where I might turn tidying up, putting clothes back or cleaning into a game and she wants to join in then too.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler