hf1

When did your baby sit?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: When did your baby sit?

Postby lazylexis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:04 am

Nathan's 6m next week. He'll sit for about 3 seconds before falling forwards or to one side.he much prefers to be on his belly and is up on hands and knees and belly flopping forward.
This means he often lands on his face tho oops.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:13 am

Abbie was sitting upright, unsupported at 4 months! Isaac was around 6 months. My nephew didn't sit up untill he was one :)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:06 am

They were all different. Tyler sat at 5 months, lewis 8 months, Bailey 6 months and daniel was 7 months

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 am

Bella was 6-7 months. It wasn't long after that when she started crawling.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am

Aoife still showing no signs too but i'm not too bothered as the rest of mine were all doing it by 7mths

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:58 am

Grace sat for a few seconds at 5.5months, for a little longer (like 30seconds) at 6months but wasn't sitting properly until about 6.5months and still doesn't stay sitting up now but that's just because she's off exploring :giggle:

My avatar
sarahlou
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sarahlou » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 pm

They are all so different.
Olivia sat unaided at 5 months.
Alex 6 months.
Lois 6 months
Holly 6months.
Daniel 8 months
Charlotte 7 months
Callum 6.5 months

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:37 pm

Lorelai is 5 months and sits on my lap very well, but doesn't last more than a few seconds on her own. She really hates tummy time and would prefer to stand with me holding her hands. :giggle:she could do that all day... very time consuming :gaah: oh well!! she is soooo proud when she is standing i don't mind :bebykiss:

Racheal

My avatar
quinnsfluffybum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby quinnsfluffybum » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Quinn didn't sit completely unsupported until 7 & half months. He didn't roll over in the 'correct' developmental order either & only learnt to roll after he'd been crawling a while :roll: .
All of my children (I have 4) have met the milestones at different ages, but it is hard to not compare esp if you have one that does it 'by the book'.
I think that as long as they are progressing, even if not in the typical pattern, then try not to worry. It's hard not to be bothered by it tho, especially when helpful people ask "isn't he/she sitting/walking/sleeping through/potty trained etc. yet?" Grrr.

On a positive note though...my 11 year old was really late to do anything (walked at 17+ months, didn't talk until 3) has started at grammar school this year having passed his 11+, so it just goes to show that it doesn't matter a jot now, but I did tie myself up in knots worrying at the time!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler