hf1

Which baby monitor? UPDATE! I GOT ONE!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Which baby monitor? UPDATE! I GOT ONE!

Postby happytails » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Got the BT 150 as suggested by you lovely ladies on here, got it at Argos for £69.99 but we got a free £5 off voucher to spend instore so really it was only £64.99 :giggle: its charging now so will be testing it tomorrow!!

Which baby monitor do you have and do you like it?

We are going to get one but not sure what is best.

DP doesnt want one of the radio type ones that crackle and can pick up other peoples signals and vice versa. Preferably one with 3 monitors (1 for babys room, then 1 in our room and 1 in lounge) but i dont know if they do these?

Sarah xx
Last edited by happytails on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Which baby monitor?

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Not sure about triples tbh. But this is info from Which, with the 4 best buys x

I have the BT100, and its absolutely fantastic. You can hear baby breathing, and you dont get any interference at all. Highly recommend it :wink:

BT Baby Monitor 100 BT
£50.00 Typical price

Range — Modern house: 5 stars
Range — Victorian house: 5 stars
Overall range: 5 stars
Sound quality: 5 stars
88% Best buy

BT Baby Monitor 150 BT
£70.00 Typical price

87% Best buy

Philips Avent 499 Monitor

£90.00 Typical price

86% Best buy

Philips Avent 496 Monitor
£60.00 Typical price

86% Best buy

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:39 pm

We've got the BT Digital Baby Monitor 150 which is perfectly clear - no crackles at all. You can hear your LO breathing and even the birds singing outside on it :D

It's range is pretty good too - I've been at the end of the back garden with Nell asleep in the front bedroom (approx 100m apart) and the signal still worked well. You can detach the parent unit from the charger and clip it onto your trousers so can move around with it on you too. Ours lasts about 5 hours off the charger (typically wakes us up by beeping about 4am if we forget to put it back on the charger :roll: )

We had a Tomy Walkabout (non-digital) one before which was AWFUL by comparison - really bad for static anf crackle.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 pm

becsom wrote:We've got the BT Digital Baby Monitor 150 which is perfectly clear - no crackles at all. You can hear your LO breathing and even the birds singing outside on it :D

It's range is pretty good too - I've been at the end of the back garden with Nell asleep in the front bedroom (approx 100m apart) and the signal still worked well. You can detach the parent unit from the charger and clip it onto your trousers so can move around with it on you too. Ours lasts about 5 hours off the charger (typically wakes us up by beeping about 4am if we forget to put it back on the charger :roll: )

We had a Tomy Walkabout (non-digital) one before which was AWFUL by comparison - really bad for static anf crackle.

Haha WSS word for word almost!!
We've still go tand are still using our tomy walkabout premier although we're going to have to replace it too as it's now on its last legs (keeps turning off randomly so fine for daytime but no good for night...) and it is really really DREADFUL by comparison...

We LOVE our BT 150 it's FAB definately recommend it... Plus the parent handset (which is a portable one) lasts about 14hrs out of the charger so you can take it downstairs with you in the evening and then when you go to bed take it upstairs and pop it in the charger where it can sit all night...

Plus both girls like the lullaby from it :)
I like the fact you can set the time on it...
We've not used the nightlight on it though although it has three levels but both my girls prefer the dark to sleep...

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks girls, i think we are going to get the BT Digital baby monitor 150 then :) DP wanted that one anyway lol xx

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:29 am

i have got a old digital phillips one bout 5 years old but its fab even tho its been dropped many many times but teh night light has stopped working now

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 am

We have a BT one and love it (not sure which one tho) its fab, crystal clear and i can lay in bed and hear kieren breathing if i have it loud enough...then i can turn it down so i can sleep but would still be able to hear him if he cried...then if i wake up in the night again I can turn it up and check on him :wink: Love the lullabies too! :wine:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Which baby monitor? UPDATE! I GOT ONE!

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Update on first post!

Return to Baby and Toddler