hf1

cutting 4 molars... help!

My avatar
luckysprog
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

cutting 4 molars... help!

Postby luckysprog » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 pm

The sprog is cutting 4 molars at the moment and life has ground to a halt. Sooo grumpy, not sleeping, not napping and less than pleasant poo (happens with every tooth!). We have tried calpol and teething gel and nothing seems to help at all! anybody have any suggestions??? She is so unhappy!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: cutting 4 molars... help!

Postby rachel » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

No suggestions I'm afraid, just can offer sympathy as Evie is cutting a molar too...ouch! We have had many night-wakings and lots more :bf: , we have also had imncredible amounts of slobber!!! :giggle: Calpol and teething powders don't really seem to mkae a differnece for us :(

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:12 pm

poor LO :hug: :hug: :hug:

ibuprofen is more effective than paracetamol imo. We just use teething gel, teetha powder, teething toys, (the tommee tippee tootie peg teether is good for molars) and ibuprofen for bedtime if they are so sore they are struggling to sleep.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 pm

I second that ibuprofen is better for pain.
Gracie cut all 4 of hers in the 10 days she had hand, foot and mouth :(

My avatar
quinnsfluffybum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby quinnsfluffybum » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Have you tried Anbesol? It's a liquid that contains a mild anaesthetic & antiseptic. You have to ask for it at the pharmacy. IMO it works much better than teething gel (which goes EVERYWHERE except where you want it to go) and we use it in conjunction with ibuprofen.

Karen
x

Return to Baby and Toddler