hf1

Gotta love those Developmental Changes (sigh)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Gotta love those Developmental Changes (sigh)

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:34 am

That mean they need LESS sleep! :roll: :giggle:

Now if Grace naps after 4pm she doesn't go to bed until about 8-9ish (normally 6-7ish) and also often during the morning now closing her eyes while she has a feed a couple of times (maximum about 10mins each time) will keep her going until lunchtime from 6am :shock:

She's also really loving standing propped up against the sofa (though not worked out how to pull herself up completely yet) rather than doing anything else...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Gotta love those Developmental Changes (sigh)

Postby megansmummy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:41 am

Oh crikey steph dont tell me that!!! Kieren doesnt sleep at the best of times...it cant get worse surely!! :cry: :giggle:

:wine: Well done grace at standing up though!!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:44 am

Bet she walks early Steph.
Gracie slept until 5:30 yesterday evening and was still back in bed asleep by 7:45 (we were a bit later than normal as we had to get the girls from dancing then get prescription)
Anna had dropped her afternoon nap before she was 2, well before if I remember rightly as she would still be awake at 10pm is she napped :roll: it was a struggle at time though to keep her from dozing off at tea time.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am

:-? :-? :-? :-?

I have a feeling that what will happen here is that the morning nap will just get later until its a lunchtime nap. Imogen is regularly awake now from 2/2.30 till bedtime at 7ish as she just won't go back to sleep in the afternoon no matter what we do, does mean she goes straight to sleep though so can't complain there. She seems to be getting less grumpy though with this so is obviously coping better wth less sleep as she gets older.

Wow to her standing up too :wine: Imogen still doesn't move anywhere :hohoho: Not even rolling!!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Well done Grace (not at the less sleep but for standing!)

I did find that once you get through this little funny time where they are moving their sleep and get it down to just one nap, it is better. Ben will now go to bed anywhere between 12 and 2pm and sleep for a good couple of hours which is brill - gives us time to do stuff in the morning and then we have a nice relax in the afternoon :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Annette wrote:I did find that once you get through this little funny time where they are moving their sleep and get it down to just one nap, it is better. Ben will now go to bed anywhere between 12 and 2pm and sleep for a good couple of hours which is brill - gives us time to do stuff in the morning and then we have a nice relax in the afternoon :D

I'm looking forward to the time Imogen only needs one nap as I agree with what you said, it makes life so much easier. I really have to do nothing in the morning as its the only nap Immy always has and afternoons is Zachs nursery so its very restrictive at the moment when I have them both :roll:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:48 am

Noooooooooooo! Don't tell me it gets worse from here!! :shock:

Annette wrote:Well done Grace (not at the less sleep but for standing!)

I did find that once you get through this little funny time where they are moving their sleep and get it down to just one nap, it is better. Ben will now go to bed anywhere between 12 and 2pm and sleep for a good couple of hours which is brill - gives us time to do stuff in the morning and then we have a nice relax in the afternoon :D

What sort of age did this happen with Ben?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 am

sim wrote:Noooooooooooo! Don't tell me it gets worse from here!! :shock:

Annette wrote:Well done Grace (not at the less sleep but for standing!)

What sort of age did this happen with Ben?

I think Ben was quite late dropping down to one nap, he used to wake early so needed a morning nap and then would go back down after lunch. He merged these into one at about 16 months I think but Charlotte was alot earlier and was only having one nap a day by the time she was 12m

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Well done Grace on standing :wine:
Lexi has only been having 1 nap per day since she was 12 months, but the last two days she hasn't napped at all!! This is after being at softplay yesterday and playgroup today! Please she can't drop her naps just yet I neeeed it.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler