hf1

Gill Pantley? WDYT?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Gill Pantley? WDYT?

Postby sim » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:51 am

We are at our wits end with night time sleep atm and I am back at work in 3 weeks so getting deperate. I don't think Ewan has day and night muddled, he just doesn't sleep well at night, wakes and :bf: lots and is often awake for a couple of hours 'chatting' :-?

Has anyone had success (or not) with the No Cry Sleep Solution?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Gill Pantley? WDYT?

Postby beffys » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:00 am

It is quite a good book. I have a copy I could send you if you want. The only thing I found was that Ella just came on with her sleeping when she was developmentally ready. There are lots of tips and secondary sleep associations and it's quite a reassuring book to read. The sleep diary helped and showed Ella was getting better on her own anyway, without my pushing her. Some of the stuff in it worked and suited, some not. It's no quick fix as it's about conditioning LO and you really. When I went back to work we just did what was easiest to get Ella settled as quickly as possible at night. If you are interested in checking out the book then get it now and start. Don't br trying to start when you're back at work as he'll just be more unsettled for a little while as you try to adapt things gradually. That's pretty much why I just couldn't be arsed trying to condition Ella at night as she only ever feed twice and it was easier just to co-sleep with her. I didn't feel I had much to fix except she was still night waking and more her day time naps which lengthened on their own too as she developed.

Return to Baby and Toddler