hf1

Recommend me a mattress!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Recommend me a mattress!

Postby Frances » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:02 pm

We're still using the free, foam mattress that came with Jasmine's cotbed, and I think she's ready for something firmer and more supportive now she's getting bigger.

I'd be grateful if you could recomend a good quality mattress, there are so many to choose from, at a huge price range, and I don't know where to start. There are some on eBay for £40 which look just like the Mothercare £150 ones but I'm worried that they're too cheap; I want to be sure to get a good quality one as I'd like it to last for a few years.

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Recommend me a mattress!

Postby ruby » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Kiddicare has quite a big selection - this one looks good as contains natural fibres http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... iption_tab
It is pretty confusing though as there is so much choice out there!

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Baby mattresses Online do loads of different types in arrange of prices. I haven't ordered from them though as I was going to then got one made up locally instead.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:40 pm

i bought a sprung matress on ebay, was about 40 quid and it's great actually, it's firm but taliesin sleeps well on it and it has a removable zipped bit u can take off and chuck in the wash, was only meant to be a temporary thing but we really like it, does the job well, not as soft as my sister's one from mothercare but i didn't want one that might induce jumping on when he gets bigger, reckon it will last as long as he is in his cotbed tbh

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 pm

We got Harriets from babies r us. It's a sprung one with a wipe clean waterproof side and a normal mattress side. It's still going strong 3 years on and it now fits her princess bed too. I can't see us getting rid anytime soon :)

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:08 am

i had a #50 mattress from toys r us for jaden, and that lasted really really well. waterproof one side fabric the other.
for charlotte i got a M&P one coz i got a M&P cot, and the sizing is different. it was an expensive mattress, but worth it imo, it nice n comfy on top but has lots of support from springs. (foam doesnt last long for support as they get heavier, so would recommend springs)

it all depends on what you want really. do you want natural fibers? a waterproof side? a top you can zip off and wash? a breathable top cover?

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:22 am

Jude's is from Mothercare, it was £100 I think. It has a waterproof side which can be unzipped for washing and is a sprung mattress. It feels quite firm to me and can withstand a toddler doing his morning acrobatics :roll: :giggle: We have a cot bed so we are hoping it will last a while.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:32 am

We needed a made to measure mattress because the cot is not a standard size, so i got a custom made organic wool,coir and latex one from little green sheep.com which is really lovely and completely natural and chemical-free.
Cost about £140 but well worth it. :)

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 pm

I got mine from babymattressesonline too. It's a non standard size sprung one with a washable cover, cost about £50 incl delivery. It's great, seems good quality just took about 3 weeks to arrive.

Return to Baby and Toddler