hf1

How does your LO sleep when ill?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

How does your LO sleep when ill?

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:23 pm

On Saturday Iris was quite poorly - projectile vomiting (mainly all over me, thanks Iris!) and just very listless. She seemed to have perked up a little yesterday, as she was playing with her toys again rather than just wanting to be cuddled, but she still didn't eat a lot. On Saturday night she was exhausted and I popped her to bed at 6.15 pm (an hour earlier than normal); I woke her up at 8.15 am on Sunday by going in to check on her. :shock: Last night she was in bed for 7.15 pm, as normal. She woke up at 6 am this morning, had a nappy change and came into bed with me, then she slept until 9.15 am. She ate lots of breakfast (cereal, fruit and yoghurt), but hardly touched lunch again - just a few bites of a sandwich. She went for a nap at 1 pm and is still asleep now. She's spent all morning wanting to be cuddled again and can't even be bothered to sit and do a jigsaw with me. She normally has about 12 hours' sleep overnight and then might nap for up to 2 hours during the day. So she's sleeping a lot more than usual and I'm starting to get concerned. I know sleeping off whatever sicky bug she's getting over is good medicine, but is this a bit excessive? :-? Does you LO sleep more or less when they're ill? And if more, how much more?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How does your LO sleep when ill?

Postby megansmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Aww poor iris :( Hope she is feeling better soon!

Megan sleeps an awful lot more than normal when she is poorly, last time she had a chest infection she pretty much only woke up for milk...didnt touch food and just slept...I personally wouldnt worry...i would just let her sleep :hug: Deffinatly ring your docs though if your worried...

:hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:29 pm

When Isabelle's really poorly she sometimes has a daytime nap which can be an extra 2hours sleep and then goes to bed at normal time or even early and doesn't wake early either...
But she also spends a lot of the day on the sofa just snuggling or watching TV when she's poorly...

Grace is poorly today and sure she went to bed late last night and also has a temperature (which makes you sleepy) but she's spent most of the afternoon asleep...

Don't forget how rotten you feel when you're poorly - if you didn't have a child or job you'd sleep it off too...

For example DH was poorly on Saturday and spent a large portion of the day asleep - and went to bed at a relatively normal time too...

:hug: to Iris...xx

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Rowan hasn't been well at all for the last month with ear infections and like Iris, projectile vomiting (all over me, so I can symathise!). I couldn't believe how much she slept for. She would have at least 12 hours at night, often more and was then averaging around 3-4 during the day when usually she'll have abut 1-2 at the most. She also hasn't eaten much at all. This weekend was the first time she's eaten a decent meal for ages. So long as Iris is drinking plenty I wouldn't be too worries about her eating, she'll eat when she's hungry. You can always phone the doc if you are worried. Hope she's on the mend soon. :hug:

Cathleen xx

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:33 pm

The last time Abbie was ill she practically slept alot - just waking up for drinks and I woke her up at meal times, although she didn't really eat anything. She spent 3 days lay on the sofa, dozing and watching DVD's.
:hug: :hug: :hug: Poor Iris, hope she's feeling brighter soon

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:52 pm

When Phebie was sick just the other day she had a 3 hr sleep during the day with is unheard of for her. I think its normal for them to sleep more but as PP have said if your really worried then give your Dr a call :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Bella has a cold atm - really nasty one, totally bunged up and gone down to her chest - and she is sleeping a lot. I'm still restricting her afternoon nap as I don't want to chance her not sleeping at night (she'd sleep for 3 hours if I let her, but I restrict her to 90 minutes), but last night, she went from 8.15pm to 5.30am (had a bottle) and then went back to sleep until 8am.

She'll go back to normal once she's feeling better - which means earlier getting up in the morning.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Ds has a chest infectionand his asthma is playing up (it's not completely diagnosed yet but it is being treated as asthma :( ). He sleeps a lot more but unfortunately his coughing wakes him so he is not getting enough sleep iyswim.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Iwouldn't worry hun, I remember when Jak was aboit 18 months, he had a really nasty bug, and jusy slept all day for about 3-4 days waking for drinks and that was it, I was so worried, but i guess it's far better them sleeping, than being awake and in pain and not sure what to do with themselves

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler