hf1

Dummy Be gone!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Dummy Be gone!

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Well i hope so lol, all deoends how long it is before i give in but so hopeing i dont, i have taken it away from her less than 2 wks before her 1st birthday which was always the plan (well actually i never wanted her to have it but came home one day after going to the shop when she was a couple wks old to find one in her mouth!) she has gone all day today without it and has gone to bed quite well without aswell but then she was knackered, :giggle: :roll:
the hard time will be tonight as she normally wakes a few times in the night as she has lost it so PATIENCE i am gonna dneed a lot of that tonight, hopefully it wnt take her long to relaise its gone as she still only little!

anyone else recently gone through this? if so tell me your success stories please! :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Dummy Be gone!

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:10 pm

moved to baby&toddler area

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:15 pm

cheers hun! didnt know where to put lol xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Good luck, hope it goes ok. Gracie has a dummy and I dread the taking it off her time, I don't let her have it during the day unless she is upset and she then gets it for naps and bedtime. She is good at finding them in her stash as she has 4 in bed a night

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 pm

good luck - I hope it goes well.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm

We did this when Martha was seven months old for the reason of her waking up a lot in the night looking for it. First and second night she took over an hour to go to sleep (with us in the room with her and a hand on her through the cot bars but not really talking other than repetitive reassurances such as "shh, it's ok, go to sleep"). She also woke in the middle of the night for two hours the first night and just over an hour the second

Keep the faith - third night she went to sleep in 5 minutes and slept through :wine: . Teething got in the way over the next few months but it was the beginning of the end of disturbed nights for us

Good luck and stay strong!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:30 pm

well i think so far has gone ok! last night she was up tiwce but when back down no problems, decided at 5oclock she wanted to play but with a bit of persistance she went back to sleep untill 9am!

and tonight we had 5mins of tears, a quick cuddle and she went to sleep!

Return to Baby and Toddler