hf1

I cant get him to take his ranitidine!?!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: I cant get him to take his ranitidine!?!

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 pm

:wine: glad it went down a bit better tonight. Gracie used to get the aptamil easy digest milk.
I am a mean mummy, I just aim and fire the syringe to the back of gracies throat! :oops:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:04 am

hope it all goes well tonight hun! :hug:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

How's it going Tory?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:26 am

Thanks for asking :hug:

He still hates it but we are getting there, i do it quick and yesterday we managed a whole day of him not spitting it out!! :wine:

The first night he slept, just waking twice for an oz of milk and a couple of times for his dunny which was amazing!! :mrgreen:

Last night (night 2) he woke a couple more times but still easy to settle and WAY better than he has been doing, i would say at worse he woke up (for milk and dummy) about 8 times...so much much better than he has been doing where its been 25ish wake ups per night!

Im guessing that becuase he has been waking so often before we started the meds that I suspect some of the wakings are habbit...so it will take time to break those...but overall, much much better!! :wine:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:17 am

Sounds like it is going well. You are probably right, he may need a little while to get used to sleeping better. FC it continues to improve for you.

Ben grew out of his reflux at about 8 months so hopefully Kieran will grow out of it quickly too and you won't need to bother with the meds anymore :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:06 am

Thanks Annette thats really enouraging!! :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:09 am

Bella was also off her meds before she was 12 months old. But beware, crawling can make reflux worse as it puts a lot of pressure on the tummy. We found cruising/walking made everything a whole lot better!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler