baby monitors with two bases?

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

baby monitors with two bases?

Postby samandsally » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I already have an old analogue baby monitor which is ok, but we are carers and often have a young child staying with us and now my baby has just moved into his own room I need to have a way of being able to listen to them both at night.
I cannot see a product with two bases, so if i bought another monitor would it interfere with the other one, would it need to be digital?, do not know where to start!, many thanks in advance.
I guess this must be an issue if your babies are close together so there must be a way! there is 7 years between my own so no problem there and anyway she is still in bed with me all night!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: baby monitors with two bases?

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Most analogue monitors have different 'channels' so in theory shouldn't interferre with each other but it's hit and miss... Sometimes they're fine but sometimes they inteferre so badly they're unuseable...

We ordered a digital one in the end so we could have both kids on monitors - and I wish we'd bought this one originally!!
It's the BT digital 150 and it's fantastic...

The only monitor I've seen that you can use two child units to one parent unit was a really expensive digital video monitor...

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply , i think maybe a digital one is the answer, i am not convinced about the 2 channel thing either. I was looking at the BT100, i guess it similar to the 150 without a thermometer.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:09 pm

We have the bt digital 150 too and its really really good! x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:40 pm

samandsally wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply , i think maybe a digital one is the answer, i am not convinced about the 2 channel thing either. I was looking at the BT100, i guess it similar to the 150 without a thermometer.

I think the 100 came out very slightly higher in the which review so it's also a good one to go for...
I think they both have temperature on them but the 100 doesn't have melodies etc? I'm not sure though...

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Don't know if they sell it in your country but I'm planning to buy the Alecto DBX-82 with an extra unit.

Return to Baby and Toddler