do your lo's get filthy?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

do your lo's get filthy?

Postby emmalala » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 am

Was'nt sure where to post this so feel free to move it :giggle:
Dans still at that crawling stage, cruising as well but mostly crawling. i try to keep floors as clean as poss but he still manages to get his trousers absolutly filthy! Are anyone elses crawlers the same? Bailey does'nt get that dirty, maybe on his top a bit, he's a drooler, but dan has at least 3 trouser changes a day. MIL loves telling me that her children never got dirty :roll: ( or had any life or fun i'll bet) Is it normal? Bailey only crawled for a month or so, he walked at 9 months, and the other 2 were'nt crawlers either so have nothing to compare him too. TIA

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: do your lo's get filthy?

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:12 am

all my past lo's got filthy during the crawling stage....isn't that the fun of crawling so you can add dusters to their legs so they clean as they go!!! :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:14 am

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

charlie only gets filthy if ive been feeding her :giggle: but she only rolling around (and around and around :roll: ) at the moment....

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:25 am

Ben still gets filthy - usually crayons, chalks, pens, food, drink, mud - anything he can get his hands on. I am a bad parent and don't bother changing him unless he is actually wet but sometimes I look at him and realise he looks like a tramp :giggle:

I think it gets better as they get older, Charlotte isn't so bad now

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:10 am

All of mine are always dirty. Nicky is rolling everywhere now and the other two are complete muck magnets. Unless we are going somewhere, like Annette I only change their clothes if they are wet. I'd be doing crazy amounts of washing otherwise. :D

Children are made to get dirty and it doesn't do then any harm. MIL's are made to make us feel inadequate. Mine keeps telling me her children never got ill as if I must be a bad parent because mine do occasionally. :roll: :roll:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 am

Annette wrote:Ben still gets filthy - usually crayons, chalks, pens, food, drink, mud - anything he can get his hands on. I am a bad parent and don't bother changing him unless he is actually wet but sometimes I look at him and realise he looks like a tramp :giggle:

I think it gets better as they get older, Charlotte isn't so bad now

WSS - Blake is always filthy and Toby is quite clean now.

ignore the MIL! :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 pm

kt24 wrote:Children are made to get dirty and it doesn't do then any harm. MIL's are made to make us feel inadequate. Mine keeps telling me her children never got ill as if I must be a bad parent because mine do occasionally. :roll: :roll:
:roll: :shock: I think she must be living in a)denial and b)a dream/fantasy world...
She probably has just blocked the memories out - they do fade with time afterall!

And yes both of mine are usually filthy by the end of the day - Isabelle because all puddles HAVE to be splashed in and mud walked in and she's got a snotty nose at the moment which she wipes with her sleeve idlly if she's tired and I'm fedup of yelling TISSUES at her :giggle: Grace ends up covered in glitter as that stuff is impossible to get rid of! :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 pm

I think you'd be better off asking "are your lo's capable of staying clean for more than 30 seconds" :giggle: ... I don't bother changing them when they get dirty either, unless they're wet or very muddy. Socks and knees definitely show how little I care about mopping/hoovering every day :oops: :lol:.

Return to Baby and Toddler