Teething - update pg3

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Teething - update pg3

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 am

Help...

for the last week now Aoife has clearly been teething but will not settle at all at night in her cot like she used to (7pm-7am). I am finding she is having to co-sleep in my bed...and even then she still wakes screaming the house down.

So far I have tried Ashton powders and calpol...does anyone else here have any suggestions or ideas??

I feel like I am losing the plot :shock: :shock:
Last edited by vampiredreams on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Teething

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:13 am

tried bonjela? cold fruit? amber necklace? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you hun x

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:17 am

fluffycabbage wrote:tried bonjela? cold fruit? amber necklace? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you hun x

tried bonjela & dentinox ttething gels - no working :cry:
Amber necklace is worn all day and that just works as a distraction....it's more overnight that is doing me in :shock:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:18 am

:( i know they say to take off necklaces at night, but charlies has worked much better since wearing at night too, she doesnt wake up like she was when shes having an off day due to teeth....

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:21 am

fluffycabbage wrote::( i know they say to take off necklaces at night, but charlies has worked much better since wearing at night too, she doesnt wake up like she was when shes having an off day due to teeth....

hmm 8) might try that tonight then....or even resort to sleeping on sofa so I can't hear her :crossbaby:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:24 am

awww god :( how longs it been going on for hun? charlie was like it for about 2 weeks, and about 3 or 4 days really bad just before her 1st came thru :D

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:28 am

vampiredreams wrote:Help...

for the last week now Aoife has clearly been teething but will not settle at all at night in her cot like she used to (7pm-7am). I am finding she is having to co-sleep in my bed...and even then she still wakes screaming the house down.

So far I have tried Ashton powders and calpol...does anyone else here have any suggestions or ideas??

I feel like I am losing the plot :shock: :shock:

I could have written that! I'm seriously sleep-deprived after the last few nights and not coping very well with anything.

Has Aoife got any teeth actually coming through yet? I've put Antonia's crying down to teething even though I can't see any evidence of them atm. Calpol seems to do the trick eventually for Antonia, although I hate using it. I've used some of the powders, which seem to help (at least they stop her crying while she works out what the heck she has in her mouth :giggle: )

Haven't tried Bongela yet, might have to pop out today to get some.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:33 am

Im right with you, we seem to be in the middle of teething hell...luckily its not messing with his nighttime (thank god, im only just this week getting 3hrs out of him at night and he is 7 months old!! Im going to be really upset if he starts not sleeping again...) :-? :oops:

We are dosing with calpol and ashton and parsons teething powders during the day, giving him things to chew on during the day...I have cucumber sticks in the fridge for him...but i have no advice at nights :-?

ETA....I have been meaning to ask you, how do you pronounce your daughters name? :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 am

To be honest for teething pain I find Nurofen the best thing :?

That and three gazillion bibs to mop up the drool :roll:

Anbesol liquid is fab but I find it works as a distraction for a few mins and can be good pre-feed (provided I'm careful not to get it on her tongue)...

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler