Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:11 am

:hohoho: well she prob needed some good sleep as well as you too :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Teething - update pg3

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 am

I just want to add that as well as the Nurofen that we find Nelson's Teetha works better than A&P's powders, especially during the night.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Erm you do know that medised isn't sold for under age SIX years old...

It was bumped to 2yrs and later up to 6yrs... I'm not sure when it was originally from but I'm not sure I'd be happy giving it to Grace :?

Glad it worked but it worked because the antihistamine in medised is the same stuff they put in adult sleeping tablets... (the blue boxes of nytol are the same stuff)... So a sedative basically...

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Erm you do know that medised isn't sold for under age SIX years old...

It was bumped to 2yrs and later up to 6yrs... I'm not sure when it was originally from but I'm not sure I'd be happy giving it to Grace :?

Glad it worked but it worked because the antihistamine in medised is the same stuff they put in adult sleeping tablets... (the blue boxes of nytol are the same stuff)... So a sedative basically...

yes i am aware of the fact medised is no longer sold to under 6s but this is an original bottle suitable from 3mths...even then the dose suggested is 2.5ml....i only gave her 1ml on recommendation from nhs direct

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:19 pm

vampiredreams wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Erm you do know that medised isn't sold for under age SIX years old...

yes i am aware of the fact medised is no longer sold to under 6s but this is an original bottle suitable from 3mths...even then the dose suggested is 2.5ml....i only gave her 1ml on recommendation from nhs direct

I'm appauled NHS direct advised you to give this :shock:
No pharmacist worth his/her salt would sell it to you!
The bottle may say from 3months but there's a reason they changed the guidelines! The dose in the bottles hasn't changed just the age it's licenced from now...

Ah well - I'm glad it helped her sleep more peacefully :hug:

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:22 pm

They suggested the smaller dose just so she had enuff in her system to ensure she did sleep....I am a parent who rarely gives their child medication at the best of times so last night was an exception...tonight she's been literally just put to bed and is moaning ....let the sleep training begin :roll:

Thanks for the concern though :hug:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
vampiredreams wrote:

I'm appauled NHS direct advised you to give this :shock:
No pharmacist worth his/her salt would sell it to you!
The bottle may say from 3months but there's a reason they changed the guidelines! The dose in the bottles hasn't changed just the age it's licenced from now...

Ah well - I'm glad it helped her sleep more peacefully :hug:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: They would'nt let me have it for my 5 year old :shock:
i gave it to lewis when he was 2 and did'nt like the fact that it made him so sleepy. basically its a sedative with paracetamol in it.personally I'd rather not resort to drugs to make my baby sleep but I do know how stressfull lack of sleep is :hug:
fc for a peacefull night!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler