hf1

Pillows?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Pillows?

Postby beck » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Does your LO sleep with a pillow at night time? If they do when did you give them one or if they dont when will they?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Harry and Katie didn't have a pillow until they went into a bed, Harry was nearly 2, Katie about 20 months.

I probably would have given them one earlier, but didn't want to pay for a cot-sized one.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Lucas got his when he went into a bed too! around 15 months or so!

jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Charlotte has one - we gave it to her around 16 months or so as she slides up the bed and hits her head on the top so we thought it might stop that. It doesn't but she does seem to sleep well with one.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Kayleigh doesn't, but her cousin got one at 4 months. It was found he slept better with his head raised a little. Now he has it on top of his sheets, and with all the worries about SIDS, I think If I was giving Kayleigh one at that age I would have put it under the fitted sheet.

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:49 pm

When we moved Jacob into his big bed (about 2 years old) he had his grobag and no pillow for a few weeks. Then we started him with a pillow and duvet. For a little while he wasn't too bothered with a pillow but then he got used to it. Only problem we find now is that he sweats quite a bit at night, so there's normally a 'wet' patch where his head goes.

Sarah

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Taneli at about 2years when he moved into the cot bed...and boo, well i have tried as is apparently safe from 1 year, and he was coughing alot, but he hated it so i tookit away again.
i bought little ones from ikea, 2 to they could be washed nice and regularly

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:20 pm

dd4 has recently taken to using a pillow (mine!) but since I use an ikea memory-foam one I have to move it if she turns onto her back and she doesn't really miss it.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:13 pm

When Isabelle was wee we used to prop her up with one of those arrow shaped (like a ^ ) pillows as she didn't roll and was right next to me... Probably against all SIDS advice but if she had a cold or was having a bad reflux day it really helped...

She doesn't have one now as she wriggles everywhere in the cot (did try it a week ago) and I'd be worried about her wriggling under it...

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler