hf1

Pillows?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:17 am

Thats what I was worried about Steph. I'm sure she could get out of it but I am a worry wart :roll:

Think we might leave it til she goes in it a bed she really is all over the place at the moment so who knows where it would end up.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:16 am

I don't worry at all about that anymore - Charlotte sleeps at the top of the bed with a pillow and duvet and can rearrange things herself it seems. Sometimes when she loses her bunny we go in to find her looking under pillow for it :lol:

You could always do as Rae suggested and put it under the fitted sheet, then they can't slip under it.

We started off with a little pillow from Mothercare (I think they call them transition pillows or something) but when she was very poorly it and it needed washing we just swapped it for a normal adult sized one and she seems to really like it. The old one is now on the floor on her changing mat and she likes to lay on that while being changed or dressed and sometimes curls up like she is going to sleep :D

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 pm

Erin has had a pillow for a while now, probably when we took the bars off her cotbed. About 14/15 months I think.

She still actually has one under the mattress I need to take out... it helped no end when she was ill with her cough.

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby madcatlady » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Awww that is such a cute image Annette :D

Edward sleeps in my bed and he arranges the pillows and duvet to get himself comfy. He's only been interested in the pillows since he was about 16 months though and it was something he did of his own accord.
I think, so long as they are not feather filled ones, that pillows are fine past a year because most babies can kick or shove them off by then lol

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:59 am

We are planning on moving Lily to a bed in the next couple of months and we will get her one then. I sleep with an elbow pillow and lil loves lying on it so I'm going to get her one of those. I would think at her age she could move away from the pillow if she got caught underneath it. Isn't the SIDS argument that you shouldn't use them when they are young babies as they might suffocate because they may not be strong enough to lift there head if they become face down on it (if that makes sense :?: )

Sam xx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:09 am

I guess your right, I think get her one she loves to lie on hannahs and ours.

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:47 pm

We got Bella a pillow when she was about 14 months. It coincided with her using our pillows whenever she was in our bed. Sometimes she uses the pillow, sometimes not but she has it there if she wants it.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:02 pm

I think in Italy they advise pillows as part of SIDS advice, I only say that as I know someone who lives there and has been told this for her baby due in March. Go figure :roll: its so confusing the cultural differences in what is "safest" becuase over here its not considered safe for tiny ones. Sounds like lots of people here have babies with strong preferences, I suspect when they are old enough to express a preference they are old enough to wriggle away from a pillow.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler