hf1

Being Sick

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Being Sick

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Dex has been teething badly for the last 8 weeks or so and finally last week developed 2 teeth - he seemed alot better so we started to ease off the aston and parsons teething powder - the lesser we go on how many he is having the worse his poos are becoming again, so we are planning to re start using them

Also he was week of the 14th November on 3 meals a day this declined to where he was completely refusing food despite picking up an extra 2 bottles at night

His bottle intake eased up to 1 a night and he will have a 'play' with finger food

He has seemed alot better until we starting over the last 2 days easing up on the powders, then yesterday and today his milk intake has dropped to a maximum of 18 oz a day possibly 24.... and yesterday he had some purée again fine, today he had 2 lots of purée and about 10 minutes after each one was violently sick..

He seems fine .... we're going to go to the docs tomorrow but as he seems fine and has no temp think their going to send me away -

can teething effect milk/food intake that much and make you sick??

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Being Sick

Postby twinkletot » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Awww hun poor little man :hug: :hug: :hug: .

Teething can affect lo's very differently and going off food (even this much) can be one of the effects. I am sure I have heard that being sick can be a sign. Could he have picked up a bug as well as teething hun?

I would say if you are unsure or worried get him to the doctor tomorrow just to be on the safe side :hug: .

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:33 am

hope he's feeling better soon, we've still got a toothless wonder here , i read somewhere that when a baby feeds it draws more milk to the gums and if there teething it'll make it more painful which is why some babies go of there milk, if that makes any sense at all.
Fingers crossed it's teething and that it passes soon
xxx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 pm

not much help but Gracie went right off her food when she was teething, she didn't complain but just didn't eat cos her mouth was sore

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

does the excess saliva effect the tummy (if they keep swallowing it??)

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 pm

It could be coincidence. There is an awful lot of winter vomiting virus around just now. Hope he feels better soon.

Return to Baby and Toddler