Need help with 10-month-old's seperation anxiety

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Need help with 10-month-old's seperation anxiety

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

:oops: Didn't do my research very well. :oops:

You're just giving me excuses to get one. Will look around and maybe hire one to try.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 pm

zodoz wrote:You can hip carry in mei tai's. http://www.slingbabies.co.nz/Site/Instr ... Carry.ashx

WSS I've done hip carries although they're not really as good for your back...

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Slumber-roo do hire, their customer service is fab. I have a Beco Butterfly, which I love. We didn't get it until Jasmine was 12 months old, and we're still using it. It's a buckled soft structured carrier, so no hip carries though.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 pm

If you do try one make sure you try it on your back as, as your LO is nearly 1 it will be more comfy for your back if you can wear them on your back when you use it for longer times.

I have a mei tai and I'm not confident putting it on my back whilst I'm out (I know loads who do though so it can't be too hard but worth double checking you will be ok).

I normaly use my mei tai for short trips but use a SSC for long walks as it's easy to put on the back.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Frances wrote:Slumber-roo do hire, their customer service is fab. I have a Beco Butterfly, which I love. We didn't get it until Jasmine was 12 months old, and we're still using it. It's a buckled soft structured carrier, so no hip carries though.

You should still be able to do a hip carry...

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Frances - thanx, I'll check out their website.

Steph - I've seen from other threads that you have a Connecta and was wondering how you find that compared with other slings/wraps.

:merryxmas: to everyone who has replied and thanx for the advice.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Have to say I love it :mrgreen:

It's had its moments for example I'm quite slim so I find when I've got her in a back carry with just a t-shirt on the clips rub my arms when I'm walking but that's the only downside really...

It's not as versatile as my babyhawk but it is easier and quicker to put on and tends to stay at the tightness/position I put it in whereas I find I need to readjust my babyhawk...

putting her on my back is simple enough too :)

My avatar
banana
Clothie
Clothie

Postby banana » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Jude hated his pram/pushchair from 6 weeks till he was just over 1. It was a nightmare and i had to carry him everywhere but as he got heavier this got harder and harder!! I eventually invested in an ergo baby carrier which is great and quick to put on. Soon after he took to his pushchair at last!!

I used to just try everything i could think of to encourage him to like his pushchair. Numerous snacks, toys and when all they had run out and his started up i would carry him in the carrier.

As everyone else has said i have learnt not to panic too much as everything is just a phase that eventually passes!! Usually to turn into another phase. :hohoho:

Good luck, i can recommend an ergo carrier. I wish i had got it sooner.

My avatar
Mock
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mock » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 pm

You can pre-tie a woven wrap and then put the baby in afterwards, just the same as you can with a stretchy wrap.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler