OMG PMM but eeeeeek!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

OMG PMM but eeeeeek!

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Grace is cruising madly and even trying to stand unaided :shock: :shock:

She's still mostly commando crawling to get places at speed but is using anything and everything to stand up and then wants to let go when she's up there which she's clearly not ready for but still keeps trying!

Only trouble is :? Isabelle is reacting REALLY badly to this and I think she is feeling rather unbalanced by her upsetting the status quo if that makes sense... Isabelle's sense of where things fit in the world is constantly being challenged by Grace and I think she's feeling rather unsettled by it - so much so that she hit Grace on the head tonight with a stick... Then hit me as I was failing to ignore her and telling her off, and then she hit me again at bedtime... I was in another room singing to Grace and she came in and hit me in the mouth :shock: (my singing is not that bad she just decided she didn't want me to sing :roll: )

She's also clearly quite tired today what with all the excitement of the nursery concert... But again that's another thing that has upset her 'world'... :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: OMG PMM but eeeeeek!

Postby tanya » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow, go Grace :)

:hug: :hug: For Isabelle. It must be hard to adjust so quickly to a new baby. I know we sometimes take a while to adjust to new things our babies do, I can't imagine what it must be like for a young child.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:09 pm

:shock: where has baby Grace gone!! Well done for her tho. :wine:

:hug: for Isabelle, it is hard for them to understand where they fit in when a new baby arrives and then when new baby starts to do things and gets lots of attention for it I think its only natural for them to act out. What was your reaction to her when she hit you? Phebie sometimes has trouble expressing her frustration and hits out. I ask her 'Does mummy hit you like that?' and then we have a little discussion why hitting is wrong I ask her to have a chat to me next time shes feeling that way. Its actually helping and I'm surprised how much she understands being 3.5yo :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:34 pm

I rather lost my cool as it's the end of the day... :oops: It's not the first time she's done something like this either :roll:
I NORMALLY try not to react and give Grace attention and ignore Isabelle - that way by the time Grace is feeling happier again Isabelle has normally calmed down and I can have a chat to her... :roll:

TBH she's very hard to talk to when she knows she's done something wrong as she shuts off her ears if that makes sense and doesn't listen as she's afraid she won't like what she hears - she squirms! I'm hoping this will be a little easier once she's FINALLY had her ears done :roll:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:36 pm

:wine: Well done Grace! But :hug: to Isabelle, it must be difficult to adjust

Return to Baby and Toddler