hf1

Dry skin

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Dry skin

Postby mrssproggit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi, hoping someone can help me out! Anoushka's had dry skin around her legs (where the nappy elastic bit goes around her legs) for a little while, although this varies from being really bad :( to being much better recently :thumbsup:
However, she's had dry (and I mean REALLY dry) skin on her cheeks for AGES :cry: Poor little darling. Her skin seems to get worse when we put on johnson's products :shock: , so have been using olive oil only on it, but it doesn't seem to be working as well for us anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry: Does anyone have any suggestions of other things we could try? I would prefer for it to be a product using "natural" ingredients, just to make sure she doesn't react to it.
Thanks ladies!
xxx

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Dry skin

Postby Chooky » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:01 am

Vit E oil from the chemist

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:02 am

I like coconut oil for really dry patches

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:05 am

unrefined shea butter is what I use on the girls

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:13 am

I use Emu's Oil on all my dry skin ( I suffer badly from eczema) and I also use this on the kids

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:03 am

Gracie gets really dry skin on the back of her arms, her back, lower tum and legs and we use diprobase (sp) from our HC, might give something more natural a go though.
TBH I wouldn't put Johnsons products any where near any of the kids, they are so harsh, try using the baby lotion on your face and see how much it stings :shock:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:06 am

I use E45 cream on dan. or oilatum. coconut pil is good too, and smells yummy :giggle:

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi ladies,
We ended up using oilatum on her cheeks (got it on pres from docs) and it worked! Within a couple of days her skin was pretty much cleared up, and a week later it was beautifully soft and squeezable!! :giggle:
Just wondering though - would it be alright for us to use the cream around the legs area? Not sure how good an idea it would be to use a cream type around where the nappy is. (we've been using olive oil and need a vat of the stuff the way we get through it!)
Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what general cream/moisturisers we can use on A's skin? Getting a bit fed up of the slippery-ness and messiness that comes with oils .... :( :shock: :x
Thanks for all your help.
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!! :happysanta:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:11 am

Coconut oil and shea butter, as mentioned above, are about as natural as you can get. Waitrose do a fantastic, and pretty cheap, baby range that is very pure, barely any ingredients at all. I think the last we bought was literally just coconut oil and avocado oil. Anyway, they have a great moisturiser in the range. Otherwise we've had success with http://www.earthboundorganics.co.uk and the first two I mentioned can be found at http://www.love-your-skin.co.uk
If you do want to use an oil then I'd go for grapeseed over olive oil. It's less viscous and doesn't smell as much.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler