Dry skin

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Dry skin

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:25 pm

mrssproggit wrote:Hi ladies,
We ended up using oilatum on her cheeks (got it on pres from docs) and it worked! Within a couple of days her skin was pretty much cleared up, and a week later it was beautifully soft and squeezable!! :giggle:
Just wondering though - would it be alright for us to use the cream around the legs area? Not sure how good an idea it would be to use a cream type around where the nappy is.
Yes it's fine to use oilaitum cream pretty much everywhere really - for a non natural cream it's pretty harmless and great for dry skin anywhere on the body really - certainly in generaly if it's gentle enough for the face it's gentle enough for the nappy region...

We don't find that oilaitum bath stuff is any good though - it seems to irritate Isabelle's skin sadly and I'm not really sure why but we use other stuff variably and it's ok... At the moment we use a TINY bit of a natural bath stuff can't remember the name and it's home in Manchester :)

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Dry skin

Postby mamaellie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:08 pm

mrssproggit wrote:Hi ladies,
We ended up using oilatum on her cheeks (got it on pres from docs) and it worked! Within a couple of days her skin was pretty much cleared up, and a week later it was beautifully soft and squeezable!! :giggle:
Just wondering though - would it be alright for us to use the cream around the legs area? Not sure how good an idea it would be to use a cream type around where the nappy is. (we've been using olive oil and need a vat of the stuff the way we get through it!)
Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what general cream/moisturisers we can use on A's skin? Getting a bit fed up of the slippery-ness and messiness that comes with oils .... :( :shock: :x
Thanks for all your help.
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!! :happysanta:

I use Oilatum on Juliet all over (also got it and the bath stuff from my GP), and have never had a problem (she gets it badly behind her knees). The GP gave us the diprobase and hydromol (sp?) to use at every change. That whole combination is the only thing that keeps her skin from drying out completely. She also reacts badly to Johnsons, which is a shame because I have to use conditioner on her hair and have a hard time finding one that won't irritate her.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler