What is this ...

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

What is this ...

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:27 am

... obsession with sitting under tables :giggle:

Kacie used to love sitting under the coffee table, but now she's too big she still sit under it, but constantly bumps her head and starts crying rather than come out into the middle of the floor. She has now found the dining table as a couple of chairs are pulled out so she can get under and is happily playing under there :roll: :giggle:
Oh and at the Christmas party at my friends on Wednesday there was about 4 or 5 under her dining table at any one time, even if this meant constant head bumping for the walkers among them :roll: :giggle:
I'd put it down to feeling safe under there, but how safe can you feel when it keeps banging you on the head :wink: :hohoho:

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What is this ...

Postby clairelana » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:29 am

:giggle:
Kaydi thinks its so funny to sit under the table.

I remember as a child when I got told off at my grandmas I used to go and sit under the table. :hohoho: Its out of the way. as you say a safe place. :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:26 pm

:giggle: it does always make me laugh when small children try to stand up underneath things and can't work out why they can't :giggle: :oops:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:45 pm

awww our little starbucks babes sitting under the table and being cheeky. goood times :D

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:00 pm

:giggle: :giggle:
I believe they do it for a sense of safety, as it kind of brings the ceiling down to their height, iyswim... Maybe set up a den for her, with a scarf and a couple of chairs, or a play silk tied at the corners to something... Then the danger of head butting isn't there, and she still gets her "fix" :giggle: :wink:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:12 pm

littlesez wrote:awww our little starbucks babes sitting under the table and being cheeky. goood times :D

Awww I know they really love it don't they :)
Joaninha wrote::giggle: :giggle:
I believe they do it for a sense of safety, as it kind of brings the ceiling down to their height, iyswim... Maybe set up a den for her, with a scarf and a couple of chairs, or a play silk tied at the corners to something... Then the danger of head butting isn't there, and she still gets her "fix" :giggle: :wink:

Oh I love that idea Jonny :wink: :giggle: My mum used to make me a tent using sheets and the clothes maiden. I might see what I can dream up after all the festivities are over :widesmile: Thanks for that :)

Return to Baby and Toddler