Whats your most lovely newborn memory?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Whats your most lovely newborn memory?

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:45 am

Just wondering if you have a really special moment that you remember with your baby when it was a newborn?

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 am

Oh I have soo many :D . However I guess the most special time was when I first met Lily. I had such a diffuclt labour and she was really sick when she was born so I didn't get to see her until the day after she was born :cry: . It was such a special moment to first meet my little girl and give her a first mummy cuddle :D . Nothing else mattered right at that moment.

Sam...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:48 am

All I remember was spending days in hospital and although feeling knackered, not sleeping much 'cos all I wanted to do was stare at my little baby, I couldn't believe how perfect she was and that she was ours.

Annette

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:24 am

With Josh we had a strep infection when he was born, only in the placenta but they didn't know so wouldn't let me bf, but I hadn't understood they had said that so when they saw me feeding they took him off me and put him in the crib. I was then too scared to pick him up. It was ages later that night that I was alone in the room with him and picked him up and felt that real 'bonding' moment, it was lovely.

With Louis I think it was the day after he was born I had a surge of emotion and just looked at him and said 'I've waited so long for you sweetheart' and burst into tears. We'd been trying for 2 years and had had a mc and then an operation to clear my tubes. there had been times I thought it wouldn't happen and had ended up depressed and very overweight so he seemed doubly precious as a result. It was worth all the problems when I held that tiny new life in my arms. (that thing that is currently attacking the tv with the remote control!!!)

Return to Baby and Toddler