hf1

Nose bleeds

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Nose bleeds

Postby beck » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:22 am

We just got the fright of our lives William was being silly on the lounge and while we didn't see him hit his nose (it couldn't have been to hard of a knock) he must have because his nose just started to pour blood it was running out everywhere. We finally got it to stop but he doesn't understand to not blow it and wont breathe throu his mouth. It was getting close to the 10min mark and a hospital run. He's had problems before but usually at nights when he knocks it on his bed and wakes crying covered in bed :-? our GP said if it lasts longer than 10 mins then he'd have to go to hospital.

Has anyone else had experience with recurrent nose bleeds?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Nose bleeds

Postby beck » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 pm

:thread:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:03 pm

i get really bad heavy nosebleeds and they last alot longer than 10 minutes could you ask your gp to refer to hospital to cauterize it

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:08 pm

Sorry I've never had any experience of this but as babyjj said I'm sure they could do something if he was referred to the hospital.

:hug:
I hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:21 pm

He almost got it cauterized last time. Have you had it done, does it hurt? It hasn't started again but I'm a bit paranoid that it will :-?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:23 pm

its uncomfortable and stings for a bout 10 mins but i had to have it done not nic ebut was needed tbh

Return to Baby and Toddler