Daytime naps

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Daytime naps

Postby sjm » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm

How much of a nap do your los have
lucas is 8 months and will only cat nap in his cot during the day which leaves him grumpy by tea time but will have a couple of hours in my bed.
How can i encourage more sleep in his cot any ideas.
He is a good nighttime sleeper in his cot.
sarah

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Daytime naps

Postby Sunset » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Isaiah was a rubbish napper too. It has got better this last month but most naps are still only 30-40mins, very occassionally I'll be really lucky and get an hour plus out of him. I tried all sorts to get him to nap longer and failed miserably :giggle: , even now when he wakes up he instantly wants out of his cot, will not play in there like other do for love nor money :x
Sorry no advice to give, just :hug: as I know how frustrating it is when you just want to get something done in 5 min peace and can't :hug:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Hiya Sarah,

I have had the same predicament as you have - my DS is a fab nightime sleeper - 6:30-7pm to 6-7:30am every night (give or take teething, etc...) since seven months! He's the sort of night time sleeper some would give their left arm for. However, days are a constant battle - will he sleep? Where will he sleep? How much will he have? What will he be like this evening? These are questions I have every day, and can honestly say I've tried most things to rememdy it. Walks in the sling, walks in the buggy, rides in the car, time in the cot, time in Mam's bed, and so on. If I get it right he'll have two hours and still go to bed at night, so I know he needs it - it's infuriating sometimes! :x

All I can say is go with the flow. I know it's not really what you want to hear, but if having him in your bed for his daytime nap works, you don't mind it, and it's not disrupting his night time snoozing in his cot, keep it up! I used to really fret over it, but now I just think "Whatever, I'll cope...". Anyhoo, I just console myself with the fact that although he pushes me to the limits sometimes, he's such a character that I really wouldn't want him any other way. :D

:hug:

Sarah
x

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Sleep is so overrated in our house. Archie rarely sleeps for more than 30 mins in the day (will in our bed if I sleep with him though) and wakes frequently in the night still. I will keep a close eye on this thread for ideas/inspiration!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:24 pm

i had the same with alister,he slept in his cot well at night but wouldnt go down in his cot during the day and would only sleep in his pushchair or on me!
we got him to sleep better in his cot during the night by controlled crying,which sounds awful but it really wasnt and wrked at treat after 2nights!
so then we also did it with day time naps and after 2 days he now naps for an hour in the morning and 1hr 30mins around 2pm.
and is in bed for 6.30-7 everynight.
Last edited by clairelou88 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 pm

Oz has always been a nightmare to get to nap - for the last couple of months he is now only having one nap between 45 mins and 1 hour all day.

I tended to go with the flow and if I could see he was getting grumpy and it was becoming a struggle we would go for a walk or drive so I knew he would have a decent nap.

For OH though he will fall asleep within about 2 minutes and always sleeps for over an hour cheeky boy!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Alesha has slept all night since 8wks old and has always been in a perfect food, milk and bedtime rountine yet naps, well what are they lol, she is 13mnths just about and i struggle to get her to nap during the day at all yet twice this week i have left her with my mum for a hour or two (first time i ever left her with anyone but had no choice as i in middle of moving house) and the little monkey slept for a good hour and my mum said she went straight down in her carseat and went straight to sleep, all i can say is a gave her a evil lol, i think you just have to go with it as once babies hit a certain age they realise they are missing something so wont sleep! darling little angels xxx

Return to Baby and Toddler