hf1

Which Highchair?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Which Highchair?

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:05 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:this ikea one, ive seen them at the local playcentre and tbh they look very uncomfortable - do you put a cushion under their little bony bums or not? :-?

I wouldn't know as neither of mine have ever had a bony bum - they take after their mum! Toby has a peachy bum and Blake a total moon! :giggle:

You could always sit her in one and see if she looks comfy? But if you are worried about using one of those I would just pick a different one.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Our Red Kite one, is similar to the Hauck one, but has a full 5 point harness and a padded cushion for using on it as a highchair. Kacie has never seemed uncomfy in it and only leaned over to the side in it a little when it was new, she wasn't quite 6 months old and was still not quite sitting properly.
It must be comfy as she's taken to falling asleep in it this week :roll: :giggle:
IKWYM about the Ikea one, I don't really like it, but I also don't like the big clumpy ones where she always slides down and I'm constantly sitting her back up :x And even my friends 19 month old still seemed swamped in hers over Christmas.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I have a chicco polly (I think it's a polly :oops: ). It's great. I did have a m&p but ds could barely see over the tray.

We now use this http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Fe ... at(0068894) at home without the tray.

For out and about we now use one of these (used to use the above) http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Fe ... at(0068555).

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Never used a cushion under her bum but I know some friends who did that with the Ikea chair.
What I really liked is that even when they're very little and just able to sit they are sitting in the right way and don't hang to the site. Just try one then you'll know if it's the thing for you.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm

We have a prima pappa and i love it, its like a arm chair! :giggle: Only thing is that i could use it being a little easier to clean but then with the mess Kieren can make anything is a bit tricky to get totaly clean... :roll:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:39 pm

hmmmmmm, i guess i could try the ikea one, its not really much money wasted if it doesnt suit eh :giggle: and dya know what, when i said about her bony bum, i honestly didnt think about her bum being padded from the cloth :oops: :oops: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: im soooooooooo blonde sometimes :hohoho:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:41 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:hmmmmmm, i guess i could try the ikea one, its not really much money wasted if it doesnt suit eh :giggle: and dya know what, when i said about her bony bum, i honestly didnt think about her bum being padded from the cloth :oops: :oops: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: im soooooooooo blonde sometimes :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: Offcourse we never thing about cloth do we :oops:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:45 pm

ahem.....no......never...... :oops: :oops: :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Annette wrote:
nappynutter wrote:IKEA ANTILOP highchair:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00069725

Cheap, easy to clean, sits at the table nicely for easy BLW and the legs come off so it can travel. Every home should have one :giggle:

I agree, this has been my favourite high chair

This exactly. I have 2 of them for the girls and they go everywhere with us (caravan holidays, parents houses for lunch etc)

jan x

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler