hf1

Which Highchair?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Which Highchair?

Postby Annette » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 am

Now mine are older we don't have a highchair, they sit on a normal dining chair with one of these http://www.kaboost.com/ I find it better than a highchair once they are able to sit properly on a chair. But up until they sit on a normal chair, then the Ikea highchair is the best, and we didn't find a problem with the fact it isn't padded - we did have the support cushion at first which actually meant Ben was more comfy in the Ikea one than any other highchair we had tried - I know what people mean about the way some lean back - this always seems odd to me, surely you want them sitting upright, I don't eat on a chair that leans back :-?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:47 am

oh thats good, ive not seen one of those before!

think i might well be off to ikea today :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:00 pm

another vote for the ikea one as well, do fiddly bits to clean.
Annette that looks fab, might have to look into that x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:10 pm

oh......well i went to ikea earlier, and looked at the highchair. its crap! :oops: sorry i hate it :-? :giggle:

im gonna keep looking, no major emergency is there :giggle:

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Ha ha ha keep going you'll find something! :hohoho:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Annette wrote:Now mine are older we don't have a highchair, they sit on a normal dining chair with one of these http://www.kaboost.com/ I find it better than a highchair once they are able to sit properly on a chair. But up until they sit on a normal chair, then the Ikea highchair is the best, and we didn't find a problem with the fact it isn't padded - we did have the support cushion at first which actually meant Ben was more comfy in the Ikea one than any other highchair we had tried - I know what people mean about the way some lean back - this always seems odd to me, surely you want them sitting upright, I don't eat on a chair that leans back :-?

They look ace and I was saying to DH only yesterday that we should get one of those...
The videos on there do make me giggle though!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:18 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:oh......well i went to ikea earlier, and looked at the highchair. its crap! :oops: sorry i hate it :-? :giggle:

You mean simple, understated, effective. Definitely not crap. :wink:

My avatar
k-k-k-ktiow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby k-k-k-ktiow » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm

I've got a bumbo and a tripp trapp which I love as it goes all the way up to teenager time...I really like it, no cushions, just chair. it cost a bit but I hate great chunks of plastic! I ended up buying it new as it was the same price as on ebay...
KT

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:35 pm

nappynutter wrote:
fluffycabbage wrote:oh......well i went to ikea earlier, and looked at the highchair. its crap! :oops: sorry i hate it :-? :giggle:

You mean simple, understated, effective. Definitely not crap. :wink:

:giggle: im sorry i just thought it looked really cheap and horrible :-? not sure what i want this time round, but thats definitely not it! :D ah well, each to their own eh :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler