Which Highchair?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Which Highchair?

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:40 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:theyre fab but omg :shock: at the price :giggle:

Thanks for all your suggestions. What im thinking about is the fact that the polly (and similar chairs) have a leg flap which raises, which can be used when theyre younger as a help to sit unaided. It helped Jaden for sure. the 'normal' chairs like the happy snack and the ikea one dont have that extra bit hanging down, so in theory as her legs grow longer they'll be half hanging off but not long enough to bend down at the knees, so there will be compression on her calves until her legs are long enough to hang down, iykwim?
Oh god, i sound like a neurotic mother :-? :-?

I do see what you mean, but they are only in it for meals really and it hasn't caused either of mine any probs. Saying that - the hauck one looks fab!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:57 pm

We have this one,

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 345_10001_

Love it. The tray can be folded back and the chair pushed up to the table. We have a padded insert in it.

Imogen sits very well in it and Zach used it for ages just against the table. It folds up pretty neatly too.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:27 pm

nappynutter wrote:IKEA ANTILOP highchair:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00069725

Cheap, easy to clean, sits at the table nicely for easy BLW and the legs come off so it can travel. Every home should have one :giggle:

I agree, this has been my favourite high chair

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:41 pm

i have two, one for my ex flat and one for mine, strangly i dont use one at mine where alesha is 90% of meals lol, she has a bumbo.

but anyways at my ex she has a mamas and papas prima ..... one which reclines and is height ajustable etc, which i HATE, a right PITA to clean and very big and bulky and always seemed in the way no matter where it was, but alesha did seem comfy in it(she has used it from about 2mnths) and the tray is massive.

at my mums she has a cheap yellow one bought in the asda baby sale thing and its really easy to clean and it quite small and came with toys which are handy and has the basket underneath aswell BUT she uses the leg rest to climb out of it and has done from around 8mmnths so that bit had to be taken off and she can get herself out of the harness easily but other than that this is my fav

EXCEPT for my very much loved bumbo xxxxx

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:44 pm

this ikea one, ive seen them at the local playcentre and tbh they look very uncomfortable - do you put a cushion under their little bony bums or not? :-?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:51 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:this ikea one, ive seen them at the local playcentre and tbh they look very uncomfortable - do you put a cushion under their little bony bums or not? :-?

Well no I never have - she's got a nicely padded bum from her lovely cloth nappy ;) ;) ;)

Only as uncomfortable as sitting on the floor really

You can get cushions for round the sides - and mothercare sell a boosterthingy that has a cushion to go in a high chair too...

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:she's got a nicely padded bum from her lovely cloth nappy ;) ;) ;)

WSS!!!!!!

But no, Lucas never seemed uncomfortable in his and it is impossible for him to climb out of!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm

I dont understand what you mean about the flap? am tired though so prob just being a bit thick today :hohoho:

I Love IKEA!!!!!! and never though about the cushion thing?

I was just having a rant about highchairs today because we went for lunch, the chair was p***ing me off so much. she was so uncomfy i ended up with her on my knee. I hate every single highchair I have ever tried HONESTLY I have tried out loads in all different places :giggle:

Izzy is the most comfyest the ikea one. I never understand why highchairs have an incline it makes me feel uneasy! I hate the way izzy slumps down in every other one except the ikea one, makes me want to carry it round with me :giggle: I hate all the complicated straps and nooks and crannies on other chairs. I hate all the catches and such they can catch their little fingers on unless you have 2 bloomin pairs of hands

Its very easy to clean, the cheapest one you can buy by a mile and allows then to sit up nice and straight (which surely is how people should eat!) Its very simple to use with just one strap rouund the waist, once their in you can tighten it from underneath.

OMG im sorry for my highchair rant :drama: :wtf:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:00 pm

We've got a Dan Chair here and love it:

It also has a padded cushion for more support for younger babies.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler