Which Highchair?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Which Highchair?

Postby Mareth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:49 pm

We have one of these :

It's a mothercare one, I got it second hand though. I liked it when I first got it, but it's SO big, and even when folded it doesn't really take up any less space than when unfolded. It took up a ridiculous amount of space in the kitchen and we were forever moving it around to have enough space to do stuff. It's up in the attic at the minute, but I want to sell it and get something smaller for next time.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:11 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:really? hmmm. ive been happy with both the chicco ones, the polly is a little beyond my financial reach atm tho :roll: happy snack is fine except when folded up but i wont need to do that this time round so isnt an issue...

so what highchairs have you tried that you didnt like then? :pinocchio: :giggle:

My eldest if nearly 16 so I can't remember the names of all of them but we have tried several different Chicco and M&P models,Tripp Trapp and various booster seats and travel seats we well. I like simple, practical and functional and the ikea chair ticks all the boxes for me. We have two of these chairs for some of the older kids as well:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90124510

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:14 pm

zodoz wrote: I think the Chicco ones aren't that great for BLW as your baby needs to be quite tall to be able to reach the food properly.

oh really, i hadnt realised that was the case, coz all mine have been tall. i wish i knew someone with an ikea one so i could test it out :giggle: i think i'd need to be convinced :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:15 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:
zodoz wrote: I think the Chicco ones aren't that great for BLW as your baby needs to be quite tall to be able to reach the food properly.

oh really, i hadnt realised that was the case, coz all mine have been tall. i wish i knew someone with an ikea one so i could test it out :giggle: i think i'd need to be convinced :giggle:

Go to ikea they use them in the restuarant :wink: they really are fab, thinking of selling my chicco polly to get one!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 am

fluffycabbage wrote:

all of our soft play centres around here use them as they are so cheap and small - perhaps one near you has them

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 am

yeah thinking about it the local playcentre does use them, so i'll go in there when ds isnt poorly any more.

good thinking! :wink: thanks :D

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:22 am

i think the chicco polly one is fantastic and would deffo buy it again we have this one atm sue to me gtting bored of the chicco one and selling it :oops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ_jvf0geOU in teh nice bright apple colour its real nice big but nice

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:16 pm

well, this is what ive just bought :D
its very light, sturdy, compacts right down so you can take it anywhere in a bag basically, has 2 heights, fixes to a chair so dd can eat with us at the table, and theres no big highchair in the way! :wine: Its fab!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:well, this is what ive just bought :D
its very light, sturdy, compacts right down so you can take it anywhere in a bag basically, has 2 heights, fixes to a chair so dd can eat with us at the table, and theres no big highchair in the way! :wine: Its fab!

Where's it from hun? We're looking for something like this for my mum to keep up here, but can't decide what. I've been going to find this thread all day to look at what was suggested as booster seats :D

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler