hf1

Which Highchair?

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Which Highchair?

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:24 pm

We have this one from Asda and I love it. http://direct.asda.com/Red-Kite-Feed-Me-Comfy-Highchair/002648606,default,pd.html It's pushed up to our dining table and is just the right height. Kacie ate off the table to start with, but now has her own plate and is quite good at keeping things in it (it's stuck to the table with one of those Tommee Tippee things)
It's quite a bargin as it's similar to ones in Mothercare priced at around £120, it grows with your child and can be used by them forever :D :wine:

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:26 pm

i have a mamas & papas bistro

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:27 pm

We were v lucky and all the grandparents clubbed in a bought us a Brother Max scoop highchair:

http://www.brothermax.com/product-detai ... -chair.htm

We have the red insert for it so it matches the sofas lol! It is a great highchair, its height can be raised to the table and breakfast bar (and in between) and the tray can be removed so it can be used just against the table/breakfast bar. There is a harness but it is not needed because of the design - the tray and curved corners hold the baby in place. And there are no dirt traps which is fab. Drawback is the cost but as I say we got it as a present from all the grandparents - if we'd have had to pay ourselves we would have got the ikea one I think.

C x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:32 pm

theyre fab but omg :shock: at the price :giggle:

Thanks for all your suggestions. What im thinking about is the fact that the polly (and similar chairs) have a leg flap which raises, which can be used when theyre younger as a help to sit unaided. It helped Jaden for sure. the 'normal' chairs like the happy snack and the ikea one dont have that extra bit hanging down, so in theory as her legs grow longer they'll be half hanging off but not long enough to bend down at the knees, so there will be compression on her calves until her legs are long enough to hang down, iykwim?
Oh god, i sound like a neurotic mother :-? :-?

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:44 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:theyre fab but omg :shock: at the price :giggle:

Thanks for all your suggestions. What im thinking about is the fact that the polly (and similar chairs) have a leg flap which raises, which can be used when theyre younger as a help to sit unaided. It helped Jaden for sure. the 'normal' chairs like the happy snack and the ikea one dont have that extra bit hanging down, so in theory as her legs grow longer they'll be half hanging off but not long enough to bend down at the knees, so there will be compression on her calves until her legs are long enough to hang down, iykwim?
Oh god, i sound like a neurotic mother :-? :-?

I honestly have no idea what you mean! :shock: :giggle:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:56 pm

I understand what you mean but never had that idea, she went in it since she was little, the Ikea one, and I never miss the flap. We went to a bungalow parc a few months ago and there was a chair with flap, she uses it to climb out :shock: that won;t happen without one ;)
If you can just take your LO with you while shopping for a chair so you can try them and see how it sits.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:07 pm

...Think I get you ... The hauck is adjustable and goes for a while - til the child is ten as it converts in to a chair

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:13 pm

We got the fisher price one first time round for Isabelle and yes the removable tray insert was fab but the chair cover had a big flaw which was the food went down the side of it :roll:

For Grace we have a folding Ikea one which is fab as it is really important that we have one that folds up small - and it goes up to the table - major downside is no tray...

The ikea white chairs are fab though...

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:35 pm

nappynutter wrote:IKEA ANTILOP highchair:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00069725

Cheap, easy to clean, sits at the table nicely for easy BLW and the legs come off so it can travel. Every home should have one :giggle:

WSS

I replaced my snazzy reclining highchair with this - so mush easier to clean and carry about. We don't use highchairs anymore so it now lives in the garden and gets hosed down before BBQs etc!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler