hf1

Teething??

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:11 pm

i bought the probiotic powder at my local pharmacy...i just asked them for some...was a fortune, but 1 pot has lasted for ages and ages and ages.
in israel they prescribe it along side antibiotics standardly to help the drugs not entirely kill your digestive system...prob is that its very difficult to take them at a time where the antibiotics wont kill them too!!!
anyway, not a prob when not infected anyway

one mo and i will find the website of my pharmacy...

***www.landyschemist.com

cant find what i have on the site. it is made by Solgar and is called ABCDophilus powder

hth
shevi

ps. if you cant find, its worth emailing Landys, they are a fab chemist face to face, so i assume they would be good at answering mail qu's too

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 pm

***http://www.landyschemist.com/global_search.asp?globalsearch=solgar+abc+dophilus

found it!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:16 pm

thanks shevi!

will have a looky locally!

jan x

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:40 pm

It doesn't matter so much about taking them when antibiotics will kill them, I used to think that this made them pointless until after the course of antibiotics but what happens is that having them around all the time means that the unwanted bacteria don't have a completely clean gut to work on. The antibiotics have to work that bit harder but reduce the infecting bacteria to levels that the body can cope with itself, so it helps all round by keeping the immune system active too.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler