hf1

Not babbling

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Not babbling

Postby tanya » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:08 am

victoriaw wrote:I'm also thinking it must be related to teeth. Antonia doesn't have any yet. (although she has spent all night awake and woken up with temperature and bright red cheeks... so ..maybe finally on the way..)

I don't think it's likely to be related to lack of teeth. Bella didn't have any teeth until 14 months, yet she is vocally quite advanced and always has been.

:hug: :hug: I hope it's something simple for Antonia and you can get it sorted out quite quickly.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 am

I'm with Tanya hun I really doubt that it would have anything to do with her having no teeth. I know easier said than done but try not to worry til you find out more :hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 am

:hug: :hug:

Megan was deffinatly babbliing before 11 months and laughing, shreeking etc

Kieren is 8 months old and does mama, dada, nana, baba etc and growls, gurgles, shouts, screaches, laughs, chuckles etc...

I think your right to get it all checked out, im sure its nothing really to worry about hun, even if she was refered to a speach therapist, then they can do wonderful things and sometimes children just need a little encouragement...I work (ed) with quite a few children who needed speach therapy...its pretty comon and quite often easily sorted over time :)

For the children who didnt have muchh speah we encouraged macaton signs as a form of comunication and we even use it with the children who's speach is at least average...its just useful for them to have a different form of comunication :)

Try not to worry, easier said than done i know :hug: hoep your HV is reassuring for you and you get it sorted soon!! :hug:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 am

Do you have a surestart centre near you? Coz they have direct links to speech therapy, and it'll be a lot quicker going thru it that way. Ive gotta see someone today about Jaden.
Oh, and Charlie has just started babbling today :giggle:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 pm

We got some 'bas' today :yahoo:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 pm

:wine:

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 pm

:wine: :D

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Yay to bas! :wine: :wine:

Archie doesn't have any teeth either and he says mumu dada and rara (Cameron we think) so I wouldn't think it's related to teeth at all :hug:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:46 pm

becky1978 wrote:Yay to bas! :wine: :wine:

Archie doesn't have any teeth either and he says mumu dada and rara (Cameron we think) so I wouldn't think it's related to teeth at all :hug:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, the reason I was wondering that is that I'd heard that speech development is very related to development of jaw and chewing solid foods, so hence made the connection to teeth... but having said that, Antonia does a pretty good job of chewing with her gums anyway.

Am still going to talk to paed about it next week, but was v relieved to hear a bit of progress today :)

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler