hf1

natural aids for ezcema?

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

natural aids for ezcema?

Postby LilMrsAverage » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

We've just found out the boy has eczema and have what feels like a million and 1 creams to cream him with everyday...

its working but does any one have any more natural tips for treating eczema x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: natural aids for ezcema?

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:56 pm

im sure i read somewhere that marigold oil was good for eczema, one sec will go check!

yep it does heres the link http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-marigold.html

hth

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

find out what is triggerin it....I suffer severely with it and discovered i was worse off when eating dairy & seafood...Meanwhile I use natural remedies rather than the steroids...I currently am using Enu's oil cream

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Homeopathy. Works wonders, 3 sessions with a homeopath and Tallin's eczema disappeared in front of our eyes (almost literally, the change was huge) and he hasn't had it back again in about 5yrs.

Other than that we've found chickweed cream works well on very dry skin/small patches of eczema. This one is good http://www.earthbound.co.uk/acatalog/Eczema.html - the chickweed and calendula cream is the one we've tried. Calendula is marigold btw.

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Don't know if it really counts as natural, and it's quite pricey, but we find that Lush's Dream Cream works wonders with Barney, we've not had to use steroids at all since we started using it.
xx

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 pm

My old childminders little girl had really bad eczema, and she saw a chinese herbalist who gave her some kind of tea stuff to bathe in if I remember rightly. Was quite costly though but worked :hug:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Manuka honey is meant to be good once he is over 12 months - to eat not to put on the skin! Pricy but you only need a spoonful a day (in porridge or whatever)

I had a bout of adult acne (well a never ending stream of spots) before Christmas and had it in my tea every morning and it cleared it right up

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Reduce baths. Jasmine had mild ezcema and we reduced her baths from daily, to twice a week. It cleared straight up. The doctor prescribed some nasty both emoillent and cream but I wasn't keen on using them and didn't need them in the end. I'm not a fan of petroleum jelly :-?

Maybe try a bag of oats suspended under the bath taps while you run them?

Hope it clears up.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Lucas's Paw Paw cream is fantastic it soothes Williams ezcema but doesn't clear it as we haven't found all his triggers yet. I'd steer clear of ALL soap products and shampoo.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler