hf1

How to change routine?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 pm

He's also changed his eating habits, he was taking 5 7oz bottles a day (give or take whatever he left as dregs, sometimes up to an oz), but now takes 4-5oz 3 or 4 times a day and 1 or 2 almost 7 oz, so the over all consumption has dropped quite a lot. He is a good weight though and in good form most of the time. Could early stage teething be responsible for all this?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:19 pm

I think that they can go thru stages when they actually reduce the amount they eat/drink. THey then increase it again when they are going thru a growth spurt. As they grow so much in the early stages, you don't notice the changes as much.
As for changes in bed times, it may also mean you have to move feed times about a bit as well, so I would try the gently does it, but changing the current routine by 15 minutes or so per day until you get something better.

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:23 pm

hmm... somewhat harder with bottlefeeding really but still, watch the baby, not the clock, scales, calendar or, I guess, bottle volume marker, unless either of you are unhappy. If you have set feeding times rather than feeding on cue then you could adjust, smaller amounts more frequently perhaps?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:31 pm

Thanks Rae and Trogette (sorry I don't remember your name :oops: ). He's improved a bit over the last few days. Sleeping better, and feeding is better but still smaller than before but I think he was in a spurt when he was taking 7oz every time. He has a bit of a cold which isn't helping him obviously.
Still a bit concerned that he's dropped a whole feed pretty much as he'll happily go 5 or even 6 hours between feeds, but then as I say he seems happy in himself so not too worried. If I was planning on spoonfeeding him then I'd probably be taking his lack of interest in bottles as a sign to start feeding him, no doubt if my mam was in the same country and here all the time she'd be trying to start it. But we're planning to BLW so we have a good while yet before that (probably). Although how to BLW a baby with dexterity issues is another story altogether (think I'll post a seperate post about that)

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:27 pm

It's Tracy :lol: but I generally answer to trog. IRL too.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler