omg help!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: omg help!

Postby littlesez » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Kirstyh wrote:We did (stupidly on our part) lie with Kieran when he was about 15 months or so and would sneak out when he was asleep, crawling on our hands and knees

:hohoho: yes we have been there

Thanks for all advice guys im kinda wishing i could do what my mum did with me which was have me in my own room on a mattress so i could just crawl out of bed and into her room whenever i wnated :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Forgot to add, I am always recommending this but it was a great book for us. Teach yourself Baby Sleep by Andrea Grace, covers most types of sleep issues and altho she doesn't dismiss controlled crying totally she does offer the alternative (gradual withdrawal which is basically what we used) as a proper viable alternative, with sleep plans for how to implement it

:wine: as long as the feeding to sleep is working, don't worry about the rod for your back (we never co slept for this reason and it would have been by far the most sensible option in the early days :roll: ). In my (limited) experience, which relates to dummy use, but has been confirmed by others to me, you can break the habit in 3 nights

Hope you have a better night tonight!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:35 pm

littlesez wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:We did (stupidly on our part) lie with Kieran when he was about 15 months or so and would sneak out when he was asleep, crawling on our hands and knees

Thanks for all advice guys im kinda wishing i could do what my mum did with me which was have me in my own room on a mattress so i could just crawl out of bed and into her room whenever i wnated :giggle:

You could still do that... ;)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Yes why not? can you take the cot mattress out of the cot?

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
littlesez wrote:

You could still do that... ;)

This is something I'd consider too :wink: My sisters boys slept on matresses on the floor for years and I think it made things easier for her all round. She was a BFing, feed to sleep, co-sleeping if need be mama too :D

I forgot to say, though I know it may not work for you as Isobella's not the napping type :wink: during our screaming at being put in the cot phase the other week I started putting Kacie in the cot for her daytime naps at home after she'd fed to sleep so she got more used to sleeping there. That along with getting strict with bedtime routine I think is what helped, until the next time that is :roll:

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Just popping in to say that I hope tonight goes better! :hug: :hug:

And hey, at least you know it will pass...no kid goes off to uni still sleeping in their parents bed. :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 pm

joeli wrote:Just popping in to say that I hope tonight goes better! :hug: :hug:

And hey, at least you know it will pass...no kid goes off to uni still sleeping in their parents bed. :giggle:

:giggle: I told Kacie during her 4am playtime this morning that I fully intend to get her back when she's a teenager :twisted: :twisted:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 pm

I forgot to mention one key thing we do...

Grace is still in our room for starters ;)

But we put a super chilled track on repeat on quiet-ish and that goes on at lights out before I feed her... That then stays on until we come to bed...

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I forgot to mention one key thing we do...

Grace is still in our room for starters ;)

But we put a super chilled track on repeat on quiet-ish and that goes on at lights out before I feed her... That then stays on until we come to bed...

Yep I did this to until last week :roll: It's oneI used to play when I went to bed when I was :pregnant: :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler