omg help!

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: omg help!

Postby cookiegirl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Great advice been given by PP...

FWIW, What works for us is a strict routine and we use a music light show thingie which helps distract baby and I'm sure the moving lights help make baby sleepy. Hearing the same music each night helped make Jude realise it was time for bed iykwim.

Hope it improves soon! :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 am

thanks guys theres so much good advise here i dont know where to start! i think bedtime routine could be improved so i'll have a look. i really want to do the matress thing but when i tried it the other night she just rolled all over the room :hohoho: we would have to put a stairgate at the top, and keep the bathroom door shut. hmmm also the cat would be roiaming around. unless we still shut her door then she can shout for us we couldnt have the monitor anywhere if she was in there uncaged :giggle: we could put her in our room next to our bed i think as there is just a small gap.but like i said she sleeps better in her own room as we just disturb her. :-? i do really like the idea.

last night was much better MIL did bedtime and so she was really nice and calm when i got in, not asleep but not hysterical . so she had boob at 8 then woke for more at 9 and 10,then again at 4 she came in our bed at fed at 7, so good night. i feel slightly refreshed.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:01 am

Glad last night was better.
I am wondering if ours have always been good at going to sleep at night because they have all always had their day time naps in their own cot/beds (except when we are out obviously) so know that cot/bed is for sleep and just that and also no toys in their, toys are play things not sleep things. Gracie has a musical piglet that plays a soft tune (kieran and anna had the pooh version) and that is her cue for sleep, as soon as it goes on it is sleep time
FC tonight is better as well xx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:24 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hope things improve.

What worked for us was a version of CC (I hadn't heard of it at the time). Jasmine used to lie in her cot and bellow with fury when I put her down during the day. I went up to her regularly to reassure her, but always left her in her cot when I knew she needed a nap.

Evenings, we followed a strict routine of bath, story, feed, bed, again, if she cried I went up to her but never stayed long or got her back out of her cot. Now we have teeth brushed, face washed, nappy and PJs on, in her Grobag, and a feed on our bed before I take her to her cot, which is well stocked with dummies and teddies. I say goodnight and the light goes out; we don't use a night light.

I know people have different opinions about establishing sleep patterns but that approach has worked so well for us; Jasmine has generally always been an excellent sleeper, 7-7, except when she's ill.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler