hf1

Clearing up gummy eyes with BM

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Clearing up gummy eyes with BM

Postby ebonina » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:59 am

Hello, does anybody have any experience in clearing up babies gummy eyes with breast milk. If so what is the best way to do it? I don't really get let down which goes everywhere anymore (sorry if tmi) so am expressing a little bit but should I just wipe the eye or actually drip some milk in?

TIA

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Clearing up gummy eyes with BM

Postby beck » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 am

I used to squirt some and then move the eyelid around iykwim. I'd drip some in.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:51 pm

I try and drip it in the eye if I can but it's a messy business! :giggle: (especially when she starts trying to latch on or grab it :roll: )

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:47 pm

I think I hand expressed into a teaspoon and then dripped it into the eye. I used a few drops because I thought my aim would be rubbish - Lily just blinked a few times as if to say 'What was that?' It worked brilliantly :wine: Glad to hear someone else has tried this. When I was out with friends in the summer and one of their babies had a sticky eye, I recommended ebm and they were all :shock: - plus she had already given up bf, although I didn't know this.

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks for the replies. I expressed a bit of milk and then had a battle to pour a bit in her eyes! Babies can be very strong and determined little minxes! :babyroll:

Return to Baby and Toddler