hf1

Sleeping & Comfort objects

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Sleeping & Comfort objects

Postby joeli » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 pm

So, Leo likes to go to sleep holding something. My worry is that he also like to sleep with his hands up by his face so that whatever he is holding inevitably ends up smushed up against his face (he's on his belly with hand tucked up under his chin, just so you can picture it better). So what would you do? Would you just remove any object that he falls asleep with it after an hour or so? Or are there any objects that you would feel comfortable leaving with him? He's not attached to any one object yet so we can introduce anything. Or am I just being a worrywort and just let him be? (He's fully capable of lifting his head, flipping from side to side, flinging toys out of his cot, etc.)

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Sleeping & Comfort objects

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

alesha sleeps with something covering her face always has had too so i got her used to using a muslim cloth as they are so light they can breath through it if you get me x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:57 pm

charlie uses a snuggletag. she moves about a lot in her sleep anyway, so im not concerned tbh. but if you are concerned, do the same as PP and use a muslin x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:49 am

If it would make you more comfortable I'd move it once he was asleep

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 am

123princesssammie wrote:alesha sleeps with something covering her face always has had too so i got her used to using a muslim cloth as they are so light they can breath through it if you get me x

WSS we do the same

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 am

I gave both Lachlan and Riley a muslin to sleep with as a blankie months ago, as soon as they go to bed they pull the blankie over their faces, and its stays there all night :giggle:

Lachlan also sleeps on his belly and has his blankie squashed up against his face. I figure that they are old enough now to move if they need too. And when they were younger I figured they could suck air through the fabric.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:49 am

Zach has flannels - sometimes up to 10 in his bed if I've just done a wash. They have been his comforter since he was 6 months. Nice and small.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:54 am

Dexter has a soft toy rabbit for his naps during the day but I wasn't happy with this in his cot so he has a muslin and seems ok with that. If you're at all worried then i'd move it once he's asleep :hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:55 am

Kieren has a muslin too :)

Megan has her moo cow and always has done since she was botn but she never out it accross her face where as thats how kieren sleeps...completly covered up witht he muslin...

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler