bed

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

bed

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 am

im toying with the idea of getting rid of the cot, there is a choice of removing the sides but the gap underneath is about isobella head size! I would like a low down bed really does anyone know of a good one?

has anyone else moved their bubs into a bed early?

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: bed

Postby mineemo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 am

hi hun, i got dd a toddler expandable bed when she was 2 she had been in a bed since about 16 months i think as didnt have cot bed and she hated bein in cot hence we changed over. The bed i got was from ikea, its plain white and has bits at the tope and bottem to stop los falling out but theres plenty of room for them to get in (iykwim) Its low down and i would say just right really for los, it does expand as they grow and can take quite a bit of weight (i should know iv slept in it a couple of times in the last 3 yrs lol) dd is 5 in a couple of wks and still does her perfectly. As said it came from ikea ad it werent that dear either. Hth Natalie x

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 am

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S59827956

This is the one i t hink we got, this plus mattress came to about 80 i think! but it was 3 yrs ago so cant fully remember price. I just thought it was good as it was expandable and wouldnt need to be buyin another new one for sometime really.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Are you worried about the height from the floor, or about her getting trapped under it?

If the latter you can put an old mattress or even storage drawers under it...

If the former then get a bed bar... :)

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 pm

We moved Zach when he was about 18 months I think and he went into a toddler bed from mothercare and it is a great size for little ones but not sure how different it would be sizewise from a cotbed. It still has the gap under the bed to the floor. We used his cot mattress on the floor next to his bed in the beginning in case he fell out.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:13 pm

We've taken the side off ds cot a few months ago. I keep his bedding under the cot. I was going to get a bed guard but I just put two pillows on the floor next to the cot in case he rolls out.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:30 pm

We got DS1 my 1st bed by silent night as he's very tall so would out-grow a toddler bed quickly - he was 2 when we put him in but did say that we may try earlier with DS2. We used a bed guard but he sleeps at Mum's & when we went on holiday without one and he's never fallen out.

My friend had 3 children close in age and she cut wooden bunk beds that she was given in half, turned one half upside down & her babies slept in there from around 8 months :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm

mineemo wrote:http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S59827956

This is the one i t hink we got, this plus mattress came to about 80 i think! but it was 3 yrs ago so cant fully remember price. I just thought it was good as it was expandable and wouldn't need to be buyin another new one for sometime really.

That's the one GRacie has and it is gorgeous, the mattress comes in 3 bits, one bit cot bed size then it has 2 extenders that you just add to the bottom as you extend the length of the bed :wink: all of ours have gone into a bed at 14 months with no problems at all, well we did make the massive mistake of lying with Kieran :roll: didn't do that one again!!!!

Return to Baby and Toddler