hf1

Nappy Rash SOS

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 pm

i put my wipes liquid in a squirty bottle and i like that!!
Steph is very right about microfibre...i now never ever ever use it anymore on rash prone Boo. and we went from novembr till now with no rashes....and now its back...he has also been chewing his fingers and drooling, so i'm thinking teeth....tho he has loads, so i dont know where another is going to grow!
good luck, everyone has given fab advice, so other than drying very well with a terry or towel or something i have nothing left to add!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:47 pm

Oh yes - another thing I forgot!! :oops:
Drying - so important and so easily overlooked (again especially by the disp loving nursery)

My avatar
sweetpea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sweetpea » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:48 pm

strange that you should mention those wipes as I was just wondering about trying them :?
I just use tap water (warm) as L's changing things are in the bathroom - off to make some cam. tea though as I like that idea!
Claire

My avatar
sweetpea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sweetpea » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:52 pm

What wipes liquid do you use Shevi? Feel guilty now for using just water but I just like to keep things as simple as poss :oops:

Mindyou not as guilty as DH should be feeling .... he's just confessed that if the nappy's not dirty he doesn't bother with ANYTHING :shock: :evil: Men :roll:

Claire
x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 pm

sweetpea wrote:Mindyou not as guilty as DH should be feeling .... he's just confessed that if the nappy's not dirty he doesn't bother with ANYTHING :shock: :evil: Men :roll:

Eek!!!! :roll:

(DH has just commented "you've got to clean them!! Come on you're letting the side down!!") :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:00 pm

well i change my mind alot about wipes liquid!!! if no rash then water is fine, but if skin is arritated i need something with a bit of soap in it (and if very bad then plain water after that too)
i have tried all the recipes and while they are lovely, i frankly cant usually be bothered to take the bottle down stairs!
so i used to use angel baby mama earth diaper rash soap, and then i had water in my bottle and rubbed the wet wipe on the bar of soap, and am currently using (tho in light of rash i may go back to the previous) little soapy bits that i put in my squirty bottle. they smell all yummy of baby (or talc!!) and i bought them from bums n roses....which i think is mumzmall.

anything gentle should be fine (so babybath etc), but i think when trying to solve a rash, the simpler you can do everything, the better

good luck

shevi

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler